The Bond Buyer Reports Rise in Weekly Yield Indexes on Inflation Fears
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;9/21/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31973, p29
Presents tables and charts depicting bond market statistics in the U.S. as of September 21, 2004. Market indicators; Municipal bond index; Municipal bond prices.
- Munis Continue to Adjust in Wake Of October Employment Report. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;11/9/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32007, p2
Reports on the performance of the municipal bond market on November 8, 2004 after a strong employment report in the U.S. Continued pressure on the market due to expected interest rate hikes by the Federal Reserve Board; Limited trading activity due to wide bid-ask spreads; Need to reevaluate the...
- DERIVATIVES & STRUCTURED PRODUCTS. // Bond Buyer;1/11/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32047, p6
The article presents data and graphs related to the bond market and municipal swaps. It presents information related to the bond market association municipal swap index.
- Munis Lose Ground After Greenspan's Remarks; $1,2 Billion in New Loans. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;4/22/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31868, p2
Delves into the municipal bond market in the U.S. as of April 22, 2004 in the U.S. Amount of money gained in major new loans; Issue of inflationary pressures in the U.S. economy; Views of people regarding the economy in general.
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Monday, November 8. // Bond Buyer;11/9/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32007, p2
Presents a table depicting the performance of the municipal bond market as of November 8, 2004 in the U.S. Government securities prices; Municipal bond index; 30-day visible supply.
- Municipals End Session Little Changed; Clark County Sells $361M Airport Deal. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;7/29/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31936, p2
Examines the status of the municipal bond market in the U.S., compiled as of July 29, 2004. New issue offerings; Improvement in treasuries due to weakness in stocks; Increase in orders; Ratings of notable bond sales.
- Municipals Finish Little Changed, Though Session's Tone Improves. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;11/24/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32017, p2
Reports on the changes in the municipal bond market in the U.S. Assessment on the basis of the changes in municipal bond market; Evaluation of the movements in the government bond market; Statement of chief fixed-income strategist William Hornharger regarding the effects of the changes in the...
- PIC: An Alternative Approach to Accepting Bids on Local and State Government Bonds: Comment. Hopewell, Michael H.; Kaufman, George G. // Financial Management (1972);Summer79, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p42
This article refutes the superiority of the present value interest cost (PIC) over the net interest cost and true interest cost (TIC) used by state and local governments in awarding their serials bonds as proposed by Professors Osteryoung, Braswell and Blevins. The authors also state that TIC...
- DERIVATIVES & STRUCTURED PRODUCTS. // Bond Buyer;7/19/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32177, p7
Presents data concerning U.S. derivatives and structured bond products as July 19, 2005. Bond Market Association Municipal Swap index; Index-linked municipal swaps; Swap rates versus bond yield.