Snohomish School Sale
- Renton, Wash., School District In Market With $72M Refunding. Kelemen, Jasmina // Bond Buyer;1/26/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32057, p7
This article reports that Renton School District in Washington expects to issue roughly $72 million of general obligation bonds today to refund debt issued in 1998. The 13,000-student school district near Seattle expects to achieve savings of $5 million over the life of the bonds, said Alan...
- Louisiana School District, Hit By Rita, Makes Return to Market. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;1/23/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32303, p4
The article reports on the 2.8 million general obligation bond that will be issued by Calcasieu Parish's School District No. 26 in Atlanta, Georgia. Proceeds from the bond sale will be used to reconstruct and repair schools damaged by Hurricane Rita. The bonds will be sold competitively and will...
- Leon Schools to AA. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;2/17/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32073, p29
Reports on the upgrade of Leon County School District's general obligation rating in Florida. Sound financial management and ample reserve levels.
- Texas School District Prepared to Come to Market With Deal After Delay. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/9/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32565, p6
The article focuses on the bond offering of the Spring Branch Independent School District in Texas. The offering is one of a handful of planned refundings that have been placed on the shelf recently pending more favorable market conditions. The author offers information about the terms and...
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;10/15/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31990, p43
Presents several statistics relevant to the bond market in the U.S. in 2004. Securities prices; State and local government series rates; Municipal bond index.
- Visible Supply by State. // Bond Buyer;3/15/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32090, p31
Presents the chart depicting the visible bond supply by state in the U.S. as of March 14, 2005. Bond issuer; Number of bond issues; Value of the issued bonds.
- West Virginia Pushes Bach Workers' Compensation Sale Until Late Fall. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;8/29/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32206, p3
Reports that West Virginia has pushed back plans to shore up its workers compensation bond. Reason for the delay in the sale of the state's revenue bond; Purpose of the revenue bond sale; Details of the compensation bond transaction.
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;4/12/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32109, p33
Presents several charts depicting the bond market in the U.S. Short-term tax-exempt bond yields; Prices of securities; General obligation bond yields.
- Munis Soften as 'Queasy' Feeling Takes Over After Greenspan's Talk. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;2/17/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32073, p2
Reports on the performance of the bond market in the U.S. on February 16, 2005. Cuts in offerings and pricing; Federal funds rate.