KABATA's New Powers
- N.Y. TIF Legislation Pared Down, But Supporters Still on Board. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;6/20/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32904, p3
The article reports on the removal of several provisions in a bill that allows potential expansion for tax increment financing (TIF) in New York. Among the removed provisions include the expansion of projects allowed under TIF regulations, the 10% sales tax in a TIF financing district to be used...
- County rejects EB bridge construction funds. // East Bernard Express (TX);5/17/2007, Vol. 64 Issue 20, p1
The article reports that county commissioners rejected the Texas Department of Transportation's request for funds that will finance the construction of a new bridge in East Bernard, Texas in 2007.
- WALKING CRANES SPEED REHAB. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;6/24/2002, Vol. 248 Issue 24, p15
Reports the bridge replacement project of the contractors in Ohio. Elimination of the structure using cranes and barge-mounted equipment; Budget for the project; Removal of the deck by the demolition crew.
- Money overrides all issues. Powers, Mary Buckner // ENR: Engineering News-Record;6/10/96, Vol. 236 Issue 23, p15
No abstract available.
- Last-Hurdle Hearings Begin. // Bar-Code Border;9/20/2011, Vol. 10 Issue 217, p6
The article discusses the controversy on the approval of New International Trade Crossing and Detroit River International Crossing by the Michigan legislature regarding a new bridge between Detroit, Michigan and Windsor, California. The Moroun advertising campaign says a new bridge in a new...
- The catch. // Crain's Cleveland Business;9/24/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 37, p10
The article criticizes the reliance of Ohio Governor John Kasich on private interests to front the money for the construction of the second of two Inner Belt bridges by 2016.
- Australia : Echuca Moama Bridge a significant step closer. // TendersInfo News;8/1/2014, p1
The article reports on the announcement by the Victorian Coalition Government on August 1, 2014 of its preferred route and a 4.5 million Australia dollars investment for initial works at a second Murray River crossing between Echuca and Moama. Topics covered include the reason for choosing the...
- Michigan Bill May Boost Brownfield Redevelopment; Restructure Financing. // Hazardous Waste/Superfund Alert;9/10/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 15, p1
The article reports on the advantages of the new tax bill introduced in Michigan. It states that the Senate Bill 1210, which was sponsored by Mike Kowall, includes broader availability of tax increment financing (TIF) that will fund costly brownfield infrastructure improvements and the...
- Where Charity Begins. // Time;8/4/1967, Vol. 90 Issue 5, p23
The article reports on the decision of the U.S. Congress to vote the public-works appropriations bill, two billion of which is pork. It shows that somebody ought to oppose the pork barrel, however, Ohio Democrat Michael Kirwan, floor manager for the measure, explains that every dollar in the...