Older Adult Performance on the Communication Profile for the Hearing Impaired: Gender Difference
- The hearing loss gender gap. Chen, Ingfei; Griffin, Katherine // Health (Time Inc. Health);Jul/Aug95, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p25
Reports on the gender gap in hearing loss, according to researcher Jay Pearson of the National Institute on Aging. Protection of ears.
- Sound alternatives. Van Ingen, Jane S. // WE Magazine;Nov/Dec98, Vol. 2 Issue 6, p62
Focuses on the increasing public activities of the hearing impaired in the United States. Fund-raising event at the Caroline's Comedy Club in New York City organized by the League for the Hard of Hearing; Diversity of individuals comprising the hearing impaired community; Types of technology...
- Hear and Now. Nash, Kate // Utah Valley Magazine;Jul/Aug2014, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p106
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience as a deaf and in her works as an early intervention specialist for families with children who have hearing loss.
- Understanding deaf and hard-of-hearing patients. Zazove, Philip // American Family Physician;11/15/1997, Vol. 56 Issue 8, p1953
Editorial. Highlights the unique characteristics of deaf and hard-of-hearing persons and touches some significant issues physicians must consider when dealing with deaf patients. Cost-effective medical care on deaf and hard-of-hearing persons; Physician's attitudes and beliefs about deaf patients.
- Newborn Hearing Screens May Give a False Sense of Security. Mann, Toni; Cuttler, Karrie; Campbell, Chanda // Journal of the American Academy of Audiology;Apr2001, Vol. 12 Issue 4
Certain risk factors result in a higher incidence of delayed-onset hearing loss. Ten subjects who passed auditory brainstem response birth screenings and later returned with bilateral sensorineural hearing loss are examined in this report. Although not all subjects in this report had respiratory...
- Electronystagmographic puzzle: What's your interpretation? Brookler, Kenneth H. // ENT: Ear, Nose & Throat Journal;May2002, Vol. 81 Issue 5, p313
Presents a quiz on an electronystagmographic study. Description of a patient with a hearing loss in the left ear; Results of a tuning-fork test; Speech reception threshold.
- Editorial. Marschark, Marc; Foster, Susan; Siple, Patricia; Spencer, Patricia // Journal of Deaf Studies & Deaf Education;1996, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p3
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses the journal's goals including the dessimination of basic and applied research related to deaf people.
- Intellectual assessment of deaf and hard-of-hearing people: A quantitative and qualitative... Braden, Jeffery P. // School Psychology Review;1992, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p82
Focuses on the intellectual assessment of deaf and hard-of-hearing people in the United States. Review of related literature on the issue; Qualitative and quantitative description of assessment practices and outcomes; Impact of study characteristics on the intelligence of deaf and...
- Togs for Dogs day. Hubbard, Ben // Education (14637073);3/12/2004, Issue 135, p3
Reports on the demonstration of deaf awareness and deaf communication tactics at the Togs for Dogs Day 2004 in Great Britain on June 4. Donation for the Hearing Dogs for Deaf People charity; Content of the schools information pack.