5-MINUTE PROJECT WATCH
- New projects. Tong, Alfred // Asian Chemical News;11/7/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 513, p5
Presents chemical news briefs from around the world as of November 2005. Olefins complex to be built by Saudi International Petrochemical Co.; Possible delay of the start-up of some of the cracker projects of Sinopec; Agreement signed by China National Chemical Construction Corp. to build a...
- TOP STORIES FROM ICIS news. Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business;11/27/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 45, p4
The article offers news related to the petroleum chemical industry as of November 27, 2006. A price decline for most petrochemicals in China was posted in October. A lawsuit was filed by Celanese against Saudi International Petrochemical Co. and two other firms to stop them from using its trade...
- China: PetroChina Liaoyang Petchem to expand annual topping capacity to 10-mil mt. // Chemical Business;Sep2010, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p66
The article reports on the plan of PetroChina Liaoyang Petchem to expand its preliminary crude processing capacity.
- Poised to fly. Klaus, Oliver; Dutta, Ashok // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;4/11/2003, Vol. 47 Issue 15, p25
Provides information on Saudi International Petrochemical Co. (SIPC), a petrochemical company in Saudi Arabia. Petrochemical projects of SIPC; Key to the success of the company; Estimated costs of the projects of SIPC.
- Saudi Arabia. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;11/19/1999, Vol. 43 Issue 46, p24
Reports that the Saudi International Petrochemical Co. is considering offers from four international companies to provide project management services on a planned methanol and acetic acid plant. Cost of the plant construction; Terms of the contract.
- Liaoyang PTA Expansion Kicks Off. // China Chemical Reporter;9/26/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 27, p11
Reports that PetroChina Liaoyang Petrochemical Co. announced on September 10, 2004, that the 800,000 tons/year purified terephthalic acid and related raw material paraxylene renovation project has started.
- NEW PROJECTS. // Asian Chemical News;10/4/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 463, p20
Presents updates on the projects of several petrochemical companies in Asia as of October 2004. Revision of the capacity of the paraxylene project of Liaoyang Petrochemical; Formation of a joint venture by Lutianhua Group and Lutianhua Co.; Action taken by Asian producers in minimizing the...
- 600 000 T/A Extraction Unit Starts Production in Liaoyang. // China Chemical Reporter;7/1/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 18, p10
The article reports that the 600,000 tons/year extraction plant of Liaoyang Petrochemical Co. Ltd. in Liaoyang, China, has successfully undergone wet commissioning on May 12, 2006. The plant is a patent unit that employs the patent technology from Beijing Jinweihui Engineering Technique Co. Ltd....
- Investment in Asian Aromatics Gains Momentum. Brown, Robert // Chemical Market Reporter;5/17/2004, Vol. 265 Issue 20, p7
Reports on the performance of aromatics production in Asia. Factor influencing the demand for benzene; Expansion in styrene capacity; Government approval received by Liaoyang PetroChina to build a paraxylene plant. INSET: Petrochemicals In Brief.