Reach to become default standard
- READY FOR REACH? // Appliance Design;Sep2008, Vol. 56 Issue 9, p18
The article reports on a survey conducted by IPC, an association connecting electronics industries, which found that the electronics industry is not prepared to comply with the European Union's Registration, Evaluation, Authorization and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH) regulation. It found that...
- Are benefits still within Reach? // European Chemical News;5/26/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2054, p5
Comments on the defense of European Union Environment Commissioner Margot WallstrÃ¶m on a proposed chemicals policy for Europe. Benefits from the proposed policy; Information on the approach called registration, evaluation and authorization of chemicals; Concern of Germany over the proposals.
- LEGISLATION. Bown, Jessica // Chemical Week;12/20/2000-12/27/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 47, p17
Reports on the decision of the European Commission to renew its emergency ban on the use of phthalate plasticizers in soft polyvinyl chloride toys. Conflict in the European Union Council of Ministers regarding the ban; Members of the council; Deadline of the ban.
- Chemicals dip threatens France. // Process Engineering;Jun2003, Vol. 84 Issue 6, p3
Cites the report released by Mercer Management Consulting on the impact of the European Union's introduction of proposed chemicals policy on output, investment and innovation in the chemical industry in France. Reduction of gross domestic product; Decline in investment.
- Who regulates the regulator? Who audits the auditor? // Process Engineering;Jul2002, Vol. 83 Issue 7, p11
discusses issues regarding regulations imposed on the chemical industry in Europe. Information on the call given by the European Chemical Industry Council for a reduction in the regulatory burden on the industry; Commitment of the industry with regard to presenting performance reports; Impact...
- A battle over air standards. Hess, Glenn // Chemical Market Reporter;03/17/97, Vol. 251 Issue 11, pSR17
Elaborates on the implications of the proposed air pollution standards for petrochemical and refining industries in the United States. Conflict between the chemical industry and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA); Aspects of the revised pollution standards that tighten limits for ozone...
- Risk and the Precautionary Principle in the Implementation of REACH. Klika, Christoph // European Journal of Risk Regulation;2015, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p111
The adoption of the REACH regulation, setting out to reformchemicals policy of the European Union (EU), was accompanied by intense controversy over the role of the precautionary principle. Analysing decision making on so called Substances of Very High Concern (SVHCs), this article demonstrates...
- Will Reconciliation Be Part of EU's Acceptance of U.S. GAAP? Orenstein, Edith // Financial Executive;Jan/Feb2008, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p62
The article discusses the possible reconciliation of the European Union (EU) from U.S. generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) to the international financial reporting standard (IFRS). Charlie McCreevy, the European Union Internal Markets Commissioner, told the European Federation of...
- STANDARDIZACIJA/CE OZNAÄŒAVANJE U SVJETLU PODIZANJA KONKURENTNOSTI KOMPANIJA U BOSNI I HERCEGOVINI. Hromić, Senad; Bašić, Hazim // Proceedings on Quality;2013, p543
The most important trading partner of Bosnia and Herzegovina is the European Union. Free movement and safety of industrial products is one of the key corner stones of the EU internal market. The principles of the New Approach must be taken into account for some of groups of industrial products...