15 YEARS AGO
- EniChem to Buy Out Polimeri. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;6/21/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 24, p9
Reveals the plans of EniChem company to acquire Union Carbide's stake in Polimeri Europa, the polyethylene joint venture of EniChem and Carbide. Purpose of the acquisition; Estimated value of the deal; Other investments made by EniChem.
- Carbide, Enichem name European PE JV. // Chemical Week;2/15/1995, Vol. 156 Issue 6, p10
Reports on the naming by Union Carbide and Enichem of their proposed polyethylene (PE) joint venture called Polimeri Europa. Budget for the project; Features of the agreement; Use of Carbide's Unipol process.
- Carbide and EniChem sign long-awaited European PE alliance. Alperowicz, Natasha; Wood, Andrew // Chemical Week;8/10/1994, Vol. 155 Issue 5, p8
Reports on the memorandum of understanding signed by Union Carbide and EniChem to form a venture to produce and market polyethylene in Europe. Transfer of EniChem's capacity and ethylene plants to the venture; Technology and cash contribution from Union Carbide; Expected capacity; Advantages of...
- EniChem-Carbide PE alliance on track. N.A. // Chemical Week;10/12/1994, Vol. 155 Issue 13, p22
Reports on EniChem's denial of rumors regarding oppositions faced by its planned polyethylene (PE) alliance with Union Carbide. Plans outlined by EniChem's director, Luigi Patron; Balanced contribution of both companies in the venture.
- EniChem study supports European restructuring, warns of further pain. Glover, John // Chemical Week;11/3/1993, Vol. 153 Issue 16, p18
Reports on Italy's EniChem's CeRic study of the petrochemicals market. Performance of the European chemical industry between 1991 and 1992; EniChem's reduction of workforce; Factors affecting the downward trend in the petrochemical industry; Forecast of the demand for plastics in 1994.
- EniChem Mulls Restructuring, Abandons Isocyanates, Caprolactam. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;06/26/2000, Vol. 257 Issue 26, p8
Reports on a major restructuring move of EniChem. Why the firm is considering taking full control of Polimeri Europa, a venture with Union Carbide; Two isocyanate plants of EniChem in polyurethanes; Operation that the company plans to sell.
- EniChem: Ready to build up its core. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;2/25/1998, Vol. 160 Issue 7, p52
Features EniChem, the chemicals arm of Italian state energy group ENI, that embarked on a radical restructuring program in 1995. Locations of the company's main facilities; Details on the company's workforce; EniChem's core businesses; Strategies to boost the company's core businesses. INSET:...
- Superhero wanted to rescue industry. // European Chemical News;2/3/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2038, p5
Deals with several controversies over the European chemical industry as of February 2003. Charges of environmental pollution and criminal conspiracy against EniChem executives; Role of the chemical industry in a comic strip by the European Union; Types of individuals who dominate the industry.
- 20 YEARS AGO. // ICIS Chemical Business;5/7/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 65, p46
This section offers news briefs taken from past issues of publications concerned with the chemical industry. The May 11, 1987 issue of "European Chemical News" reported that BASF has announced a rationalization program for its ailing fertilizer division. In the same issue, Enichem has boosted...