Aromatics see sudden upsurge
- Price rises gain momentum. // ICIS Chemical Business;6/8/2009, Vol. 275 Issue 23, p38
The article presents information on costs and market trends of the chemical industry across the world. Propylene contracts settled in the first week of June 2009 in Europe at â‚¬565/tonne FD NWE, after the initial settlement on May 29, 2009 was followed by a key producer and buyer. Benzene...
- Benzene takes a dive. Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;11/22/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 469, p25
Presents trends in the aromatic compounds market in Asia as of November 28, 2004. Decrease in benzene prices caused by excess supply in the region; Increase in contract nominations of paraxylene for December 2004; Tabular presentation of bulk chemical spot prices in U.S. dollars per ton.
- Energy bolsters pricing. // ICIS Chemical Business;3/24/2008, Vol. 273 Issue 12, p40
The article offers information on market trends regarding prices of various chemical products. Elevated energy costs and feedstock values are considered responsible for higher prices of chemicals. Spot prices of ethylene in the U.S. increased sharply due to tight market and cutbacks as a result...
- perochemicals In Brief. // Chemical Market Reporter;12/2/2002, Vol. 262 Issue 20, p15
Presents news briefs related to the petrochemical industry as of December 2, 2002. BTX's spot benzene pricing; Cumene consumption; Methanex Corp.'s nondiscounted reference price for methanol.
- Styrene soars on back of benzene. Gibson, Jane // European Chemical News;4/5/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 2094, p12
Offers a look at trends in the European chemical industry as of March 30, 2004. Factors that contribute to the rise in naphtha prices; Rise in butadiene spot price ideas; Price ranges of deals between benzene traders; Status of the paraxylene business.
- Ammonia on a roll. Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;11/22/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 469, p26
Focuses on trends in the Asian chemical industry as of November 28, 2004. Impact of demand and supply on the price increase in ammonia; Reduction of naphtha prices; Increase in bids and offer for methanol in December.
- Benzene. // Chemical Business;Jul2001, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p23
Presents information on the marketing of the chemical benzene. Rate of benzene production in India; Information on the Indian manufacturers of benzene; Speculations on the growth of the demand for benzene.
- Petrochemicals: Market Briefs. // Chemical Market Reporter;03/22/99, Vol. 255 Issue 12, p14
Presents news briefs on petrochemical-related issues in the United States. Benzene contract price nominated by BP Amoco company for April 1999; Contract price of ethylene for March 1999; Factors that help strengthen the price of methanol.
- Petrochemicals in Brief. // Chemical Market Reporter;6/2/2003, Vol. 263 Issue 22, p16
Reports on global developments related to the petrochemicals industry as of June 2, 2003. Value of the June contract nominations for benzene; Announcement by several butadiene producers of a decrease in the petrochemical's price; U.S. reference price point of methanol from Methanex Corp.