Environment issues score at World Cup
- Good sports. Wagers, Laurel // MultiLingual;Jul/Aug2006, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p7
The author offers observation on the World Cup. She describes the public service announcement of midfielder, Ronaldo de Assis Moreira, the World Food Programme Ambassador Against Hunger. She asserts that translating the World Cup's fast-paced play into the fans' many languages is an impressive...
- Singaporean anti-gambling ad didn't bet on World Cup result. Ritson, Mark // Marketing Week;7/17/2014, p7
The article discusses an anti-gambling advertising campaign by Singapore's National Council on Problem Gambling (NCPG). The ad, centered around a boy worried about the who will win the 2014 FIFA World Cup soccer tournament after his father compulsively bet on the German national team, suffered...
- World Cup kicks off on CRC. Miles, Laureen // MediaWeek;3/14/94, Vol. 4 Issue 11, p22
Reports on the Hispanic radio network Cardena Radio Centro's (CRC) acquisition of the broadcast rights for the World Cup soccer tournament for 1994. Bid of other radio networks; Number of games' rights bought; Appeal of CRC's Mexican-based programming to American Hispanics.
- WHAT ARE YOU PACKING FOR THE WORLD CUP? Hughes, Holly Stuart // Photo District News;Jun2010, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p92
The article presents the views of several photographers on how they will feature the football worldcup 2010 including Simon Bruty, Elisa Amendola, and Janie Squire.
- AFRICA CENTER OF THE WORLD. Risch, Conor // Photo District News;Jun2010, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p104
The article reports that the photojournalists from Africa will participate in a program organized by the World Press Photo to cover the 2010 Football World Cup.
- The World Cup's full house. Yeomans, Matthew // Conde Nast Traveler;Mar1998, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p50
Reports on the scarcity of accommodations in France leading up to the sixteenth World Cup in soccer scheduled to be played in the summer of 1998. Number of nations participating in the World Cup; Estimated number of soccer fans to attend games; How the World Cup will affect the cost of...
- South Africa is having a ball with World Cup. Bhatia, Rajiv // Asian Pacific Post;6/10/2010, p14
The author reflects on issues surrounding South Africa's hosting of the 2010 World Cup.
- DID YOU KNOW? // Southern African Tourism Update;Feb/Mar2010, Issue 211, p2
The article reports that South Africa has more than 202,712 hotel rooms available for accommodations during the 2010 Soccer World Cup.
- Sharpeville precinct to be upgraded. Els, Kate // Southern African Tourism Update;Feb/Mar2010, Issue 211, p4
The article reports that the Sharpeville Precinct in the Sedibeng district outside Johannesburg, South Africa will be upgraded for the 2010 Soccer World Cup.