Dow Chemical boss optimistic
- Mideast. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;11/23/2009, Vol. 171 Issue 28, p29
The article offers a look at the petrochemicals industry in the Middle East. SRI Consulting predicts that over 19 million metric tonnes of ethylene will be produced in Mideast by 2015. Meanwhile, polyethylene (PE) and polypropylene (PP) capacity is expected to double by 2015. The article...
- Insight Into Competitive Arena. // Canada Petrochemicals Report;2009, p33
The article presents information on various petrochemical companies in Canada. It is stated that Nova Chemicals Corp. is a dominant player in the petrochemical sector in Canada, with manufacturing plants in Alberta, Ontario and Quebec. An ethylene cracker plant is operated by Imperial Oil Ltd....
- Dow expects flat South America ethylene capacity. BROWN, TOM // ICIS Chemical Business;6/10/2013, Vol. 283 Issue 20, p14
The article highlights the statements of Jorge de Zavaleta of chemical company Dow Latin America at the Latin American and Caribbean Petrochemicals conference held in Paris, France on May 29, 2013. He mentions that the ethylene production capacity of Dow Chemical Co. in South America in 2017 is...
- PLÃSTICO ECOLÃ“GICO. Pfeifer, Margarida O. // Latin Trade (Spanish);sep/oct2008, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p14
No abstract available.
- Competitive Landscape. // Canada Petrochemicals Report;2011, p36
The article provides information on several Canadian petrochemical companies including Dow Chemical Co., NOVA Chemicals Corp. and Exxon Mobil Corp. As stated, Canadian company Nova Chemicals has been listed number one in ethylene and polyethylene (PE) production and is the leading petrochemicals...
- States vie for cracker. FORD, BRIAN // ICIS Chemical Business;8/29/2011, Vol. 280 Issue 5, p12
The article reports on the opportunities that are available for the U.S. states to explore the development of crackers to revive its chemical and manufacturing facilities. West Virginia and Pennsylvania are regarded as top places for the project as it is situated on the Marcellus reserves. Shell...
- Competitive Landscape. // USA Petrochemicals Report;Q4 2011, Issue 4, p19
The article examines the outlook for the last quarter of 2011 of various U.S. petrochemical products including olefins, mixed xylenes, polyethylene, high-density polyethylene, low density polyethylene, linear low density polyethylene, polypropylene, polyvinyl chloride, polystyrene, and...
- Strengthening links to the East. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;4/26/1995, Vol. 156 Issue 16, p29
Reports on the implications of Dow Chemical's acquisition of a former petrochemical complex in eastern Germany on industries in central and eastern Europe. Importance of the plants at Bohlen, Schkopau and Leuna which make up the BSL Olefinverbund; Dow's plan to strengthen BSL's eastward ties.
- Dow gets stake in petchems. Wood, Andrew // Chemical Week;12/6/1995, Vol. 157 Issue 22, p13
Reports on Dow Chemical Co.'s purchase of Argentine state's petrochemical holdings. Include Petroquimica Bahia Blanca, Polisur and Indupa.