TITLE

Gail gets go-ahead for Assam gas cracker

AUTHOR(S)
Gordon, Michael
PUB. DATE
May 2006
SOURCE
ICIS Chemical Business;5/29/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 21, p31
SOURCE TYPE
Trade Publication
DOC. TYPE
Article
ABSTRACT
The article reports on the construction of a gas cracker complex in Assam, India. Gail (India) Ltd. has received government approval for its joint venture Rupee54.60 billion (€944 million/$1.2 billion) Assam gas cracker complex. Gail will have a 70% stake, with the other 30% being taken up by Oil India Ltd., Numaligarh Refinery Ltd. and the Assam Government.
ACCESSION #
21297681

 

Related Articles

  • Gail, NPC to Build Iranian Cracker. Minocha, Naresh // Chemical Market Reporter;2/21/2005, Vol. 267 Issue 8, p3 

    Reports on an agreement between natural gas distributor Gail India Ltd. and Iran-based National Petrochemical Co. to form a joint venture to set up a petrochemical complex in Assaluyeh, Iran. Principles of the cooperation; Significance of the project to the companies.

  • new construction projects.  // Chemical Week;9/15/2008, Vol. 170 Issue 28, p29 

    This section offers news briefs on new construction projects within the chemical industry. Lurgi Zimmer has been awarded a contract by Xinjiang Blue Ridge Tunhe Chemical Industry Co. to build a polybutylene terephthalate (PBT) plant. Gail India plans to establish a mega petrochemical plant in...

  • new construction projects.  // Chemical Week;11/8/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 37, p19 

    The article offers news on construction projects in the chemical industry as of November 8, 2006. ABB Lummus Global has been awarded a contract by Shell Eastern Petroleum for the license and basic engineering of a butadiene unit in Singapore. Gail India signed a joint venture agreement with...

  • Gail plans two major complexes. Gordon, Michael // European Chemical News;3/12004, Vol. 80 Issue 2089, p26 

    Deals with the plan of Gail India to set up two petrochemical complexes in Assam and Kerala, India. Sites considered for the complexes.

  • Gail mulls interest in Kerala cracker. Tan, Clara // Asian Chemical News;11/17/2003, Vol. 10 Issue 424, p28 

    Reports on the investment interest of Gail India in a naphtha cracker project in Cheemeni in the Kasargod district of Kerala, India, as of November 17, 2003. Plans of the company for the project; Significance of the approval from Gail's board; Preliminary preparations of the company in pursuit...

  • ANCIENT SITE, MODERN WONDER.  // Asian Chemical News;5/2/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 489, Special Section p5 

    Highlights the focus of the chemical plants being developed by National Petrochemical Co. (NPC) in Assaluyeh, Iran. Construction of a chemical plant of NPC-owned Pars Petrochemical Co. in the area; Implementation of a methanol plant in Assaluyeh by NPC joint venture Zagros Petrochemical Co.;...

  • GAIL planning petrochemical plant in Kerala at an outlay of Rs 7,000 mln.  // Popular Plastics & Packaging;Apr2011, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p55 

    The article reports on the plan of Gail (India) Ltd. to establish a petrochemical plant unit in Kerala, India.

  • NEW CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS.  // Chemical Week;3/16/2009, Vol. 171 Issue 8, p25 

    This section offers news briefs on the chemical industry. Marian Petrochemical Co. and Kimiaye Pars plans to build methanol plants in Assaluyeh, Iran. Methanex has announced plans to build a methanol plant in Vietnam. Gail India is considering plans to add another furnace at its gas cracker in...

  • Feedstock concerns cause Gail profit fall. Lazell, Mark // ICIS Chemical Business;5/8/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 18, p13 

    The article reports on the decline in the operating profits of the petrochemicals unit of Gail India Ltd. Petrochemical sales of the company increased by 4.4%. The government-administered price of natural gas in July 2005 contributed to the positive financial results of the company. The company...

Share

Read the Article

Courtesy of VIRGINIA BEACH PUBLIC LIBRARY AND SYSTEM

Sorry, but this item is not currently available from your library.

Try another library?
Sign out of this library

Other Topics