- Taiwan's Kuokuang Complex Likely to Be Revived in Malaysia. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;5/21/2012, Vol. 174 Issue 14, p18
The article discusses how the Taiwanese company Kuokuang Petrochemical is planning to invest in the revival of the Rapid refinery and petrochemical project in Malaysia as of May 21, 2012.
- Shelved Taiwan project may find new home in Malaysia. SURATMAN, NURLUQMAN // ICIS Chemical Business;5/21/2012, Vol. 281 Issue 18, p24
The article discusses the speculation that Kuokuang Petrochemical Technology will locate a planned integrated refinery and petrochemicals facility in Malaysia after opposition from local residents and environmentalists forced it to cancel construction of the project in Changhua County, Taiwan.
- Taiwanese Group to Build Crackers in Abu Dhabi and Taiwan. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;6/14/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 20, p16
The article reports on the plan of Kuo Kuang Petrochemical Technology Co., a joint venture between Chinese Petroleum Corp. and six other Taiwanese companies, to build ethylene plants as of June 14, 2006. Chinese Petroleum is in discussions with International Petroleum Investment Co., which wants...
- Shell extends option on Marcellus cracker site for six more months. BOSWELL, CLAY // Chemical Week;7/8/2013, Vol. 175 Issue 19, p10
The article reports that the chemical company Shell Chemical Co. released a statement on June 28, 2013 that indicates that it has extended its option to buy a site in Monaca, Pennsylvania for the potential location of a planned ethane-processing cracker.
- Kuokuang Details Major Petchem Complex in Taiwan. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;9/19/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 30, p19
The article reveals that Kuokuang Petrochemical Technology Co. has submitted its environmental impact assessment report to the Taiwan Environmental Protection Administration for a previously announced $12.7 billion petrochemical complex planned at Taishi, Taiwan. Kuokuang, a joint venture...
- new construction projects. // Chemical Week;5/24/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 18, p18
The article presents news briefs on construction projects in the chemical industry as of May 24, 2006. Technip has been awarded a contract by BP Zhuhai Chemical to provide project management services for its purified terephthalic acid plant in Zhuhai, China. Shell Chemical will run a pilot plant...
- NEW PROJECTS SUMMARY. Tan, Clara // Asian Chemical News;3/14/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 482, p17
Presents a tabular representation of the chemical plant construction projects of several companies in Asia as of March 2005. Shell Chemicals; Tianjin Petrochemical; Yantai Wanhua Polyurethanes; Zhejiang Juhua Co.
- Mitsubishi plans oxo alcohols, polycarbonate ventures. Roberts, Michael // Chemical Week;4/3/1996, Vol. 158 Issue 13, p24
Reports on a proposed joint venture between Mitsubishi Chemical and PTT Petrochemical to invest in an oxo alcohols plant in Map Ta Phut, Thailand. Annual capacity production; Mitsubishi Engineering Plastics' proposed alliance with Thai cement producer TOA to build polycarbonate plant in Rayong,...
- Taiwanese mega-project teeters on the brink. // TCE: The Chemical Engineer;Jun2011, Issue 840, p14
The article reports on the possible abandonment of the 20 billion dollar refinery and petrochemicals complex project by Kuokuang Petrochemical Technology (KPC) in Taiwan's Changhua province as Taiwanese president Ma Yingjeou withdrew its support to the project.