Food for thought
- DAVID GARMAN IN 60 SECONDS. Odriscoll, Cath // ICIS Chemical Business;5/29/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 21, p29
The article presents an interview with David Garman, CEO of TDG PLC. Garman says he plan to grow the company through deliberate consolidation. He says that his remaining challenge as CEO of the company is to move the company forward in the areas of contract logistics, supply-chain management and...
- UK distributor stays positive on profit. // European Chemical News;3/8/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 2090, p17
Reports on the profits posted by British chemicals and retail distributor TDG for 2003. Information on the withdrawal of the company's business from France; Views of TDG chief executive David Garman on the firm's performance; Increase in the company's share price.
- Garman goes for growth. // Motor Transport;8/10/2006, p5
The article reports that growth is the priority of TDG chief executive officer David Garman. He says that it is expected to come from specialist areas and the group will aim to make bolt-on acquisitions. The companies that TDG acquired are expected to enhance business wins in the first full year.
- TDG forges alliances in Europe. Tindall, Chris // Commercial Motor;8/7/2003, Vol. 198 Issue 5040, p6
Reports on alliance agreements established by logistics firm TDG in a bid to penetrate the ailing German market and increase the company's international presence in Europe. Reason of the company for withdrawing its direct operations in France; Profit of the company in 2002; Investment...
- TDG shrinks but shines in the City. Semple, Jack // Motor Transport;3/4/2004, p3
Provides information on the profit of TDG in 2003. Reasons for the upturn in City sentiment according to CEO David Garman; Terms of the contract signed by the company with Early Learning Center; Information on the senior manager of the company.
- BIG IDEAS ON THE BACK BURNER. Brignall, Miles // Motor Transport;11/6/2003, p24
Presents an interview with David Garman, CEO Transport Development Group (TDG), regarding his vision for the company. Views on the market for pan-European supply chains; Plan of Garman regarding the expansion of TDG in Europe. INSET: TDG -- Thames barges to a world class road fleet.
- Untitled. // Commercial Motor;8/9/2007, Vol. 206 Issue 5241, p36
The article offers information on the financial performance of hauler company TDG. The company has boosted its first-half turnover by 26% to more than 300 million pounds. However, pre-tax profit has fallen from 5.7 million pounds in the first half of 2006 to 4.4 million pounds on a turnover of...
- Garman goes for growth. // Motor Transport;8/3/2006, p5
This article talks about TDG chief executive David Garman who is considering growth as the priority for the company. Garman said growth will come from specialist areas and the group will aim to make bolt-on acquisitions. He said TDG is looking for agreed deals at a fair price, in preference to...
- Going for the juggler. Perry, Dominic // Commercial Motor;9/30/2004, Vol. 200 Issue 5099, p28
Presents an interview with David Garman, CEO of logistics firm TDG, about the expansion plans of the company. Competition facing the company; Reasons behind the efforts of operators to enter the international market; Investment plan of Garman for the company.