Here comes the big wave
- Production, Cost, and Input Substitution in the Mexican Petroleum Industry. TRUETT, DALE B.; TRUETT, LILA J. // North American Journal of Economics & Finance;1998, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p67
Focuses on a study which estimated transcendental logarithmic cost functions for the extraction, refining and derivatives, and petrochemicals industries, to investigate the existence of economies of scale in the Mexican petroleum industry. Examination of the elasticities of demand for inputes...
- US Market Overview. // USA Petrochemicals Report;Q4 2010, p17
The article presents an overview of the U.S. petrochemicals market. Recessions in the U.S., Europe and Japan have affected the U.S. petrochemical industry, with more companies forced to reduce rates, lay off workers and cut budgets. The closure of ethylene crackers resulted in an industry...
- ASIA INSIDER. // ICIS Chemical Business;6/25/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 72, p9
The author reflects on the Asian Financial Crisis that affects the petrochemical industry. He emphasizes that it is expected to be the catalysts for the consolidation to shape the industry. He observed that the chemical companies continue to focus on sales and operations, and less in...
- Ethylene pricing stays unsettled in 4th quarter. Link, Janet // Chemical Market Reporter;12/14/98, Vol. 254 Issue 24, p1
Reports that ethylene contracts for November and December 1998 remain unresolved in the United States. Contract price increases nominated by several major American ethylene producers for October and November; Factors attributed to the proposed increased; Willingness of buyers to settle the...
- Worldwide ethylene margins soar. HARTNELL, REGAN // ICIS Chemical Business;6/6/2011, Vol. 279 Issue 20, p17
The article reports on an increase in the worldwide ethylene margins.
- European Petrochemicals Industry Appears in Need of Further Rationalization. // Chemical Market Reporter;2/25/2002, Vol. 261 Issue 8, p9
Reports on the performance of the European petrochemical industry. Decline in operating rates of the industry; Short- and long-time destocking in the market; Growth in ethylene production in Europe.
- Olefins Production Remains Strong in 2Q. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;08/30/99, Vol. 256 Issue 9, p6
Reports on the status of ethylene production in Western Europe in the second quarter of 1999. Drop in production in the second quarter; Production figures issued by the Association of Petrochemical Producers in Europe; Reasons for the high level of ethylene production for the period.
- Accord is reached on petchem cutbacks. Wood, Andrew // Chemical Week;12/22/1993, Vol. 153 Issue 24, p16
Reports on the agreement of South Korean chemical companies to cut back petrochemical production to control oversupply in the domestic market. Reduction of ethylene production; Government's denial of permission to form a price and production cartel.
- Annual production soars. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;10/4/1995, Vol. 157 Issue 12, p37
Reports on Western European ethylene production in 1994 based on data released by the Association of Petrochemicals Producers in Europe. Ethylene plant utilization; Low-density polyethylene production; Polypropylene output; Benzene production; Styrene monomer output.