Number of newbuilds plummets
- MARKET INTELLIGENCE. Kamalick, Joe // ICIS Chemical Business;8/18/2008, Vol. 274 Issue 6, p12
The article examines the housing market in the U.S. It is stated that home builders are confident that federal age package would pull the housing market out of its long decline. The housing market relief would provide a real shot in the arm for the housing industry. Moreover, the housing sector...
- PACE INCREASING. PEARLMAN, ARNOLD // Chemical Week;5/2/2011, Vol. 173 Issue 12, p32
The article reports on the state of the chemical industry as of May 2011. Industrial output, the leading indicator for the chemical industry, increased at an annual rate of 9.6% in the first quarter of the year. Chemical production has also presented an upward trend. On the other hand, there was...
- BSA wants housing minister on cabinet to boost building. Thomas, Paul // Mortgage Strategy (Online Edition);3/18/2013, p35
The article reports on the move by the Building Societies Association (BSA) to call for the creation of a minister of state of housing with a cross-department mandate in an effort to boost house building and the economy of Great Britain in 2013.
- On the Rebound. SMOKE, JONATHAN // Builder: The Magazine of the National Association of Home Builde;Aug2013, Vol. 36 Issue 8, p24
The article reports on the recovery of the housing market in the U.S. and mentions the 40 percent increase in new-home starts and 18 percent increase in residential construction spending as of August 2013.
- Metrostudy Sees Bright Spots in the Recovery. Gloede, Katie // Builder: The Magazine of the National Association of Home Builde;May2014, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p26
The article cites the views shared by Metrostudy chief economist Brad Hunter during Bloomberg Radio's Bloomberg Surveillance with Tom Keene and Michael McKee about the first-quarter 2014 results in some U.S. housing markets, the rising rents in cities, and the barriers to housing market growth.
- Nov Housing Starts +10.5% to 1.173M. // Bondbuyer.com;12/16/2015, p1
The U.S. November housing data show strength in building that probably will be sustained ahead.
- Builder confidence improves. // Toledo Business Journal;Nov2010, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p25
The article discusses the growth of builder confidence in the U.S. market for newly built, single-family homes as revealed in the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) and Wells Fargo Housing Market Index (HMI) for October 2010.
- Housing Statistics and the Condition of the Housing Sector. Belkina, T. // Problems of Economic Transition;May94, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p56
Surveys housing conditions and an emerging housing market in Moscow and other urban centers of the Russian Federation. Extent of privatization of housing stock; International comparisons of housing space and quality; Waiting lists for housing; Changes in construction costs and housing prices;...
- A Tale of Two Markets: Housing in East Lancashire. Rawding, Charles // Geography;Summer2007, Vol. 92 Issue 2, p97
The contrasting fortunes of the housing market in different areas of England is an issue of major political importance. Plans to build large numbers of new houses on greenfield sites in South East England have caused outrage and consternation in some quarters, as have proposals to demolish...