OLAF FIGHTS OFF ANTI-DUMPING DUTY FRAUDSTERS
- ANTI-DUMPING CIRCUMVENTION IN THE EU AND THE US: IS THERE A FUTURE FOR MULTILATERAL PROVISIONS UNDER THE WTO? Ostoni, Lucia // Fordham Journal of Corporate & Financial Law;2005, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p407
Focuses on the anti-dumping circumvention in the European Union and the U.S. Definition of dumping; Terms of the General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade 1994; Purpose of the circumvention of anti-dumping measures.
- Anti-dumping Procedures in the EurAsEC Customs Union. Kozyrin, Alexander; Yalbulganov, Alexander // Liverpool Law Review;Aug2015, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p183
The creation of the EurAsEC Customs Union and Russia's ascension into the WTO has led to a radical change in Russia's anti-dumping legislation. Antidumping regulation ceased to be a national jurisdiction and was transferred to the Eurasian Economic Commission, a supranational regulator. The new...
- Antidumping and countervailing duties: Protection at a cost. Repp, David M. // Journal of Corporation Law;Fall89, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p65
Examines the economic effects of antidumping and countervailing duty statutes in the United States. US International Trade Commission's (ITC) interpretations of domestic industry; Unfair trade practices; Unfair trade barriers in the antidumping and countervailing duty laws; Amendments to the...
- WTO Sanctions EU Retaliation Against U.S.. Ramey, Joanna // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;2/25/2004, Vol. 187 Issue 39, p27
Reports that trade disputes between the U.S. and the European Union (EU) surfaced when the World Trade Organization gave the EU the go-ahead to retaliate against the U.S. over a 1916 American antidumping law. American products affected by the law; Punitive duties.
- New Ruling Made by EU on p-Cresol Antidumping Case. // China Chemical Reporter;8/6/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 22, p7
The article announces the antidumping tariff on para cresol from Shandong Ruipu Chemical Co., Ltd. made by the European Union (EU). The EU launched the dumping investigation into the import of para cresol, under the tariff code 29071200. EU brought in the preliminary ruling to impose an...
- EU Conducts Reevaluation on Polyester Staple Fiber. // China Chemical Reporter;9/16/2007, Vol. 18 Issue 26, p6
The article reports on the reevaluation conducted by the European Union (EU) on polyester staple originated from China, Korea, and Belarus on August 30, 2007. The Chinese customs code of the product is 55032000. It also reveals that in December 19, 2003, EU also conducted a dumping investigation...
- TRIAL OR ERROR? Rosenberg, Jim // Editor & Publisher;Apr2004, Vol. 137 Issue 4, p46
Presents an update on a U.S. federal antidumping lawsuit filed by Goss International against its European and Japanese competitors in 2000, as of April 2004. Facts of the case; Recommendation of the World Trade Organization to the European Union regarding the U.S. antidumping law; Stance of the...
- Preliminary Ruling on PVA. // China Chemical Reporter;10/6/2007, Vol. 18 Issue 28, p9
The article reports on the announcement of the European Union (EU) that it is to impose a temporary antidumping tax of 10% on polyvinyl alcohol (PVA), originated from China. According to the report, EU uses Taiwan Province as the basis for the calculation of the normal value of the said product....
- Trade Remedy Compliance Staff. // Foundry Management & Technology;May2002, Vol. 130 Issue 5, p23
Focuses on the creation of the Trade Remedy Compliance Staff to address unfair trade practices in the U.S. Enforcement of the antidumping and countervailing duty laws; Assistance to businessmen; Offer of a user-friendly source of information.