5-MINUTE MARKET WATCH
- basic chemicals & plastics. // Chemical Week;9/1/2004, Vol. 166 Issue 28, p26
Presents news briefs on the chemical industry as of September 2004. Promotion of the plastics futures contracts of London Metal Exchange Ltd.; Percentage of price increase of nylon and engineering plastics of DuPont; Increase of price of phenolic resin of Schenectady International.
- BASF buys Leuna-Miramid. // Plastics News;9/12/2005, Vol. 17 Issue 28, p7
The article reports that BASF AG has snapped up another engineering plastics business, agreeing to buy nylon maker and compounder Leuna-Miramid GmbH. Ten-year-old Leuna-Miramid of Leuna, Germany, which employs 140, operates one plant producing nylon 6, nylon 6/6 and nylon compounds. BASF can...
- LME plastics contract specifications. // Chemical Week;5/24/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 18, ps5
The article presents information on the plastic futures contract specifications at London Metal Exchange. Polypropylene are graded as homopolymer general purpose injection moulding grade, raffia or fibre extrusion grade and general purpose injection moulding grade. The grades are deliverable at...
- Why Gamble on Plastics Prices? Naitove, Matt // Plastics Technology;May2005, Vol. 51 Issue 5, p9
Comments on the commodity futures trading that will be introduced by London Metal Exchange on May 27, 2005 in an effort to reduce the pricing risk. Plain vanilla grades that will be traded daily; Purpose of using futures; Benefits of using futures contracts.
- London Metal Exchange Eyes Polyolefins Futures. Alperowicz, Natasha; Westervelt, Robert // Chemical Week;10/22/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 38, p8
Deals with the decision of the London Metal Exchange (LME) to evaluate the launching of a futures market for polyolefins. Contracts for polyethylene and linear low-density polyethylene; Concerns raised by polyolefin producers on the plan of LME; Impact of the plan on the chemical industry;...
- business & finance news. // Chemical Week;9/7/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 29, p10
Presents business and finance news briefs as of September 7, 2005. Plan of Kemira GrowHow to close chemical plants at Harjavalta, Finland; Acquisition of engineering plastics compounder Leuna-Miramid by BASF.
- Evolving successfully. Davis, Nigel // Chemical Week;5/24/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 18, ps3
The article reports on the progress of the plastics futures contracts launched by London Metal Exchange (LME) in 2005. The futures contracts have become established trading vehicles for producers, converters and plastics purchasers alike. Brokers and industry veterans foresee steady growth as...
- LME sees a future in plastics. Todd, Martin // European Chemical News;1/12/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 2082, p10
Reports on the progress being made by the London Metal Exchange (LME) in developing plastics futures contracts as of January 2004. Plan of LME to launch contracts for polypropylene and linear low density polyethylene; Implications of the initiative on the polyolefins industry according to...
- LME futures contracts set to tame PP, PE rollercoaster. Tong, Alfred // Asian Chemical News;5/30/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 492, p8
Reports on the global futures contracts for polypropylene (PP) and linear low-density polyethylene (LLDPE) that were launched by London Metal Exchange (LME) in England on June 3, 2005. Number of PP and LLDPE producers that participated in the contracts; Aspect of the chemical industry that LME...