THE WORLD THIS WEEK
- Numbers are dwindling. // ICIS Chemical Business;9/15/2008, Vol. 274 Issue 10, p42
The article presents news briefs related to chemical industry. U.S. refinery inputs fell by 11.7% in the week ending September 5, 2008 due to the shutdowns caused by Hurricane Gustav. Indian sulfur values have dropped by another $180/tonne from previous business to $500/tonne, after a purchase...
- China investments roar ahead. Baker, John // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;6/4/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 22, p48
The article reports on the plan of David Weidman, chairman, president and CEO of Celanese, to drive a performance culture across all its businesses, following the exit of Blackstone Group as its shareholder. The U.S.-based chemical and engineering polymer producer is set to increase the...
- Celanese IPO Could Net $2.9 Billion for Blackstone. Chang, Joseph // Chemical Market Reporter;1/17/2005, Vol. 267 Issue 3, p1
The article reports that private equity firm Blackstone Group Inc., stands to make a killing if its initial public offering of Celanese Corp., goes through as planned. By using leverage from a favorable credit market and riding the wave of the chemical industry recovery, Blackstone stands to...
- Blackstone sells out. Williams, Dede; Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business;5/28/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 68, p9
The article reports on the completion of a secondary offering of Blackstone shares in Celanese. Private equity investor Blackstone and the funds it advises took in nearly $785 million (â‚¬583 million) on May 18, 2007 with the completion of a secondary offering of 22.1 million shares in...
- IFFCO to build urea, pesticide plants. // Chemical Week;9/13/1995, Vol. 157 Issue 9, p26
Reports that the Indian Farmers Fertilizers Co-operative will set up a new urea plant in the Nellore district to provide more urea to Tamil Nadu which is faced with severe shortages.
- Indian Farmers fertilisers Co-operative Ltd. Aiyar, Sharada // Chemical Business;Oct95, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p9
Reports on the Indian Farmers Fertilisers Co-operative Ltd.'s (IFFCO) setting up of a fertilizer manufacturing plant at Nellore (AP). Cost of the project; Average capacity of urea to installed per day; Average number of employees to generate; Plan to set up pesticides manufacturing unit in...
- Ammonia urea. Desai, Suresh Thakur // Chemical Business;Oct96, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p56
Highlights the proposals of the Indian Farmers Fertilizer Cooperative to set up a naphtha-based urea plant in West Bengal.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Gordon, Michael // European Chemical News;11/15/2004, Vol. 81 Issue 2124, p29
Presents news briefs on the global chemical industry as of November 2004. Plan of Grasim Industries in India for its viscose staple fibre capacity; Government approval secured by Israel Chemicals to build a cogeneration power plant on the Dead Sea; Satisfaction of both India and Oman over the...
- Iffco FY11 net up 97.5% at Rs 792 cr. // Chemical Business;Jul2011, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p62
The article reports on the increase in net profit posted by Indian fertiliser cooperative major Indian Farmers Fertilisers Cooperative (lffco) for the 2010-2011 fiscal year on the back of record production and sales of key farm nutrients.