US misses out on chemicals growth
- ACC global chemical production index shows growth in third quarter. JING CHEN // Chemical Week;11/2/2015, Vol. 177 Issue 27, p9
The article reports on the increase in the American Chemistry Council's (ACC) global chemical regional production index (CPRI) in the third quarter of 2015.
- Chemical activity is smoking. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;5/28/2014, pA02
The American Chemistry Council's Chemical Activity Barometer, considered a leading economic indicator, in May hit its highest level since Feb. '08 and saw its fastest year-on-year gain since Sept. '10. The 3-month average is up 4.1% on the year, and the prior 5 months have been revised up.
- Economic Slowdown Undermines Chemical Trade. // Chemical Market Reporter;9/3/2001, Vol. 260 Issue 9, p4
Reveals the major conclusions of the American Chemistry Council's survey of the chemical industry during the second quarter of 2001. Factors that have led to the surge in imports; Rise in exports of basic industrial chemicals during the first half of 2001; Trade balance in bulk petrochemicals...
- ACC Outlook Finds Industry Operations Returning to Normal. Valk, Vincent // Chemical Week;6/21/2010, Vol. 172 Issue 15, p13
The article focuses on a report from the American Chemistry Council (ACC) which predicted an improvement in the U.S. chemical industry in 2010 due to recovery of the country's economy.
- Chem Industry Adopts Performance Measures. // Chemical Market Reporter;11/4/2002, Vol. 262 Issue 16, p4
Reports on the American Chemistry Council's performance measures that will be used for tracking chemical company and industry progress in improving environmental stewardship, worker health, safety and security. Goals of the performance measures; Requirement for companies to report toxic release...
- Economic Outlook Remains Uncertain Despite a Strong First Half. // Chemical Market Reporter;9/9/2002, Vol. 262 Issue 8, p4
Highlights the warning of the American Chemistry Council about the uncertainty of the chemical market in the second half of 2002 despite solid gains in the first half of the year. Volume gains for basic chemicals; Weak pricing; U.S. economic growth.
- Responsible Care's Window of Opportunity. Hunter, David // Chemical Week;7/5/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 26, p9
Comments on the Responsible Care environmental, health, and safety program established by the American Chemistry Council for the chemical industry. Information on the program; Significance of the program to the industry.
- Responsible Care. Schmitt, Bill // Chemical Week;7/5/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 26, p38
Focuses on Responsible Care, a program designed to encourage environment, health, and safety practices in the chemical industry. Significance of the program pushed by the American Chemistry Council (ACC); Details on the research conducted by ACC regarding the program; Information on the...
- Chemical Industry's Economic Recovery Threatened by Run-Up in Oil Costs. // Chemical Market Reporter;4/15/2002, Vol. 261 Issue 15, p4
Focuses on the threat of the increase in petroleum prices on the economic recovery of the chemical industry, according to the American Chemistry Council. Factors that influence the recovery of the industry; Inventories of the industry; Increase in oil prices.