IN THIS WEEK
- EniChem study supports European restructuring, warns of further pain. Glover, John // Chemical Week;11/3/1993, Vol. 153 Issue 16, p18
Reports on Italy's EniChem's CeRic study of the petrochemicals market. Performance of the European chemical industry between 1991 and 1992; EniChem's reduction of workforce; Factors affecting the downward trend in the petrochemical industry; Forecast of the demand for plastics in 1994.
- EniChem Mulls Restructuring, Abandons Isocyanates, Caprolactam. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;06/26/2000, Vol. 257 Issue 26, p8
Reports on a major restructuring move of EniChem. Why the firm is considering taking full control of Polimeri Europa, a venture with Union Carbide; Two isocyanate plants of EniChem in polyurethanes; Operation that the company plans to sell.
- EniChem: Ready to build up its core. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;2/25/1998, Vol. 160 Issue 7, p52
Features EniChem, the chemicals arm of Italian state energy group ENI, that embarked on a radical restructuring program in 1995. Locations of the company's main facilities; Details on the company's workforce; EniChem's core businesses; Strategies to boost the company's core businesses. INSET:...
- Superhero wanted to rescue industry. // European Chemical News;2/3/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2038, p5
Deals with several controversies over the European chemical industry as of February 2003. Charges of environmental pollution and criminal conspiracy against EniChem executives; Role of the chemical industry in a comic strip by the European Union; Types of individuals who dominate the industry.
- Brussels approves EniChem aid... // Chemical Week;8/3/1994, Vol. 155 Issue 4, p6
Reports that the European Commission has approved state aid to EniChem of Milan, Italy totaling to $1.13 billion during 1992-1993 despite strong objections from some rival chemical companies. Use of the money to cover losses caused by plant closures at EniChem during the past three years;...
- Qatar. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;3/12/1999, Vol. 43 Issue 10, p26
Focuses on an agreement between Qatar Petrochemical Co. and Enichem to build a petrochemical plant in Qatar. Terms of the partnership; Investments made for the project.
- Major EniChem plant stays open in Italy. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;06/29/98, Vol. 253 Issue 26, p7
Reports on a Venice magistrate's decision to lift the threat of closure against EniChem's petrochemicals complex at Porto Marghera by rescinding an order shutting down the site's water treatment plant. Charges that the wastewater from the treatment unit breach environmental regulations;...
- Dow Snatches EniChem's PU For First European TDI Capacity. Brown, Robert // Chemical Market Reporter;02/12/2001, Vol. 259 Issue 7, p1
Reports that Dow Chemical Co. has reached an agreement with Milan, Italy-based EniChem SpA to acquire its polyurethane business. Comments from Marco Levi, Dow's polyurethanes global business director, about the acquisition; Sales posted by the business in 2000; Dow's gains from the deal.
- Europe in Brief. // Chemical Market Reporter;11/29/99, Vol. 256 Issue 22, p6
Presents news briefs from the chemical industry in Europe as of November 29, 1999. Ausimont to increase hydrofluorocarbon capacity at its Porto Marghera, Italy facility; Enichem to build a plant at Ravenna, Italy; Company that will acquire Vericore Holdings.