Gilding the zongzi
- Dragons on the River. Bridgman, Patricia // Highlights;Jun2006, Vol. 61 Issue 6, p20
The article relates a celebration of the Dragon Boat Festival. The dragons are boats and are having a race. Each boat has twenty people with paddles and one person with a drum. In the evening, rice dumplings filled with sweet bean paste will be served.
- Festive Hong Kong 2010. // Travel Weekly (UK);Aug2010 Hong Kong Supplement, Vol. 5 Issue 2030, p4
A calendar of events for traditional Chinese festivals in Hong Kong, China is presented which include Hong Kong international dragon boat carnival to be held on July, 23-25, 2010, Hong Kong Wine and Dine festival on October 28-31, 2010, and Cathay Pacific International Chinese New Year Night...
- Chapter 4: The Dragon Boat Festival. Liao, Yan; Wang, Jianwei // Festivals & Food of China;2006, pN.PAG
The article focuses on the Dragon Boat Festival, the second of the three Chinese festivals of the living, which is celebrated on the fifth day of the fifth lunar month. Historians would add that the Dragon Boat Festival originated as a celebration of the fertility of the fields and the growth...
- Weeknight BUDGET DINNERS. // Woman's Day (Australia Edition);2/24/2014, Vol. 65 Issue 8, p66
Several recipes including Pumpkin & pea risotto, Salmon & dill tart, and Spinach & ricotta dumplings with salsa are presented.
- Rice races to beat 90-sec prep time. Thompson, Stephanie // Advertising Age;1/5/2004, Vol. 75 Issue 1, p3
Presents information on the plan of ready-to-serve rice brand leaders Uncle Ben's and Zatarin's to use the technology that allows for quick heat-and-eat rice dishes. Decrease in the sales of dry rice in the U.S. for the 52 weeks ended November 30, 2003; Convenience of the rice products for the...
- Change of Thermal Inactivation of Clostridium botulinum Spores during Rice Cooking. KONAGAYA, YUKIFUMI; URAKAMI, HIROSHI; HOSHINO, JUN; KOBAYASHI, ATSUSHI; SASAGAWA, AKIHIKO; YAMAZAKI, AKIRA; KOZAKI, SHUNJI; TANAKA, NOBUMASA // Journal of Food Protection;Nov2009, Vol. 72 Issue 11, p2400
Cooked and packed rice (CaPR), a popular rice product in Japan, is distributed with oxygen-absorbing agents and without refrigeration. When the final product was inoculated with spores of several strains of proteolytic Clostridium botulinum at a dose of 10Â³ spores per g (2 x 105 spores per...
- Rice Mixes. Grace, Lygeia; Smith, Elinor // Real Simple;Apr2008, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p13
The article evaluates several rice mixes including Near East Rice Pilaf Mix Original, Heritage Select All Natural Basmati Rice Cranberries and Almonds With Orzo Pasta, and Uncle Ben's Long Grain and Wild Rice Herb Roasted Chicken.
- Comparative Physical Characterization of Water Ratio Changes of Hang Rice during Cooking. Kerdpiboon, Soraya; Charoendee, Darika // International Proceedings of Chemical, Biological & Environmenta;2012, Vol. 39, p52
Hang rice is promoted as high nutritious food since it has higher nutritional value than Jasmine white rice. However, cooked Hang rice prepared by the same rice to water ratio as in the case of Jasmine white rice was found to be broken and hence affected appearance and texture acceptance to...
- Rice cakes reinvented as fat-free snacks. // Environmental Nutrition;Mar1995, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p3
Introduces varieties of fat-free brand rice cakes with flavors which range from teriyaki to white cheddar. Includes Mothers' Rice Cakes; Lightly Salted; Quaker Popped.