EU biotech needs cash
- Fund gives start-up biotech firms needed cash boost. Suttell, Scott // Crain's Cleveland Business;2/26/96, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p16
Focuses on the BioInvestment Fund created in summer 1995 by the Edison Biotechnology Center with the help of the state of Ohio and the Cleveland Foundation. Financing provided to biomedical and biotechnology companies to bring products to the market; Requirements companies must fulfill in order...
- FINANCINGS. // BioWorld Today;10/18/2013, Vol. 24 Issue 201, p5
The article reports that Macrogenics Inc., of Rockville, Maryland a biotech company has closed its initial public offering (IPO) of approximately a stock of 5.7 million.
- FURTHER READING. // PharmaWatch: Biotechnology;Jul2009, Vol. 8 Issue 7, p29
The article lists several reports published in the journal "MarketWatch: Biotechnology," including "Biotech Financing in the Credit Crisis: Strategies for a Aadically Altered Landscape," "Molecular Diagnostics: A Primer on an Emerging Sector" and "Dainippon Sumitomo Pharma Co. Ltd: PharmaVitae...
- Genencor applies for funds to add 33 more jobs. Shaver, Pat // Corridor Business Journal;5/16/2011, Vol. 7 Issue 43, p9
The article reports on the move of the biotechnology company, Genencor AS, to apply for state and local funding for the expansion of its project in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
- Public Financing Of Biotechnology: May 2010. // BioWorld Insight;6/7/2010, Vol. 18 Issue 23, p7
A chart is presented that depicts public financing of biotechnology in the U.S. as of May 2010 including the commenced trading in May 2010 and the filed and pending financing.
- Other Financings Of Public Biotechnology Companies: May 2010. // BioWorld Insight;6/7/2010, Vol. 18 Issue 23, p10
A chart is presented that lists the financing of public biotechnology companies in the U.S. as of May 2010 including loan agreement, registered direct offering and exercise of stock purchase warrants.
- Venture Capital And Other Investments In Private Biotechnology Companies: May 2010. // BioWorld Insight;6/7/2010, Vol. 18 Issue 23, p13
A chart is presented that lists the venture capital and investments in private biotechnology companies in the U.S. including BioCrossroads' Indiana Seed Fund, Aposense Ltd.'s fund from existing shareholders and Stratech Corp.'s funding compromise of convertible notes from current investors.
- Milestone Payments From Corporate Partners: May 2010. // BioWorld Insight;6/7/2010, Vol. 18 Issue 23, p16
A chart is presented that lists the milestone payments from corporate partners of biotechnologies in the U.S. as of May 2010 including the 2.5 million dollars payment for a compound for neuropathic pain, 10 million dollars for an imaging study and five million dollars for subcutaneous veltuzumab.
- Biotech bailout? // Nature Immunology;Jul2009, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p667
The article reflects on the 2009 Biotechnology Industry Organization (BIO) International Convention held on May 18-21, 2009 in Atlanta, Georgia. It states that the convention had demonstrated several concerns on the impact of the economic condition to the financial performance of biotechnology...