OX hike takes PA market by surprise
- PA up on tightness and high OX. Todd, Martin // European Chemical News;2/17/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2040, p12
Reports the price increase of phthalic anhydride (PA) flake and orthoxylene (OX) in Europe in February 2003. Estimated increase in OX spot values per tonne; Move of PA production sites to address the shortage of material.
- High OX pushes up PA spot prices. // Asian Chemical News;9/13/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 460, p23
Reports on an increase in the prices and demand for phthalic anhydride (PA) due to the high cost of orthoxylene (OX) in Asia in September 2004. Value of imported materials in China; Reasons behind the decision of a major Indian OX producer to cut its production; Impact of the increase in PA...
- PA prices set to increase. Gibson, Jane // European Chemical News;10/11/2004, Vol. 81 Issue 2119, p12
Reports on the effect of a price increase in orthoxylene on the prices of phthalic anhydride (PA) in Europe in the fourth quarter of 2004. Price of PA in October; Reason behind the price hikes; Actions taken by chemical companies BASF, Exxon and Bayer regarding the increases.
- PX expected to stay firm on tight supply. Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;2/3/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 388, p28
Predicts the price increase of paraxylene (PX) in Asia in 2003. Basis of the prediction; Problems facing PX producers.
- Databank. Guy Jr, Andrew // ICIS Chemical Business;9/21/2015, Issue 3676, p14
The article focuses on the orthoxylene (OX) market and its use in the manufacture of phthalic anhydride (PA). Topics covered include the major applications of PA, the balanced supply and demand for OX and the use of PA in the housing, construction and automotive sectors. Also mentioned are the...
- Styrene soars. Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;7/5/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 451, p25
Reports on the price increase of several chemicals as of July 5, 2004. Styrene; Toluene; Mixed xylene; Phenol.
- PX settles at â‚¬590/tonne. Todd, Martin // European Chemical News;3/8/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 2090, p12
Reports that the European paraxylene (PX) market has accepted the contract price of March 2004. Increase in the Asian PX price; Suggestion of PX buyers for contract price increment.
- cw price report. // Chemical Week;11/21/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 38, p32
The article offers a look at the performance of the international chemical industry. Integrated olefins and polymers producers in Europe were pushing downstream price increases and hoping to build margins, but spot olefins prices retreated along with naphtha. Spot benzene on the U.S. Golf Coast...
- It's steady so far for PA. Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business;2/20/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 7, p30
The article reports on the market performance of the phthalic anhydride (PA) sector as of February 2006. Spot prices have increased â‚¬20 per ton since January to â‚¬960-990 per ton for liquid PA and have remained steady at â‚¬930-960 per ton for flake. Meanwhile, there is...