Ineos enters China
- NEW CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS. // Chemical Week;12/7/2009, Vol. 171 Issue 29, p21
This section offers news briefs related to construction projects in the chemical industry as of December 2009. Oil exploration company Shaanxi Yanchang Petroleum Group has appointed Amec as a project management contractor for a methanol-to-olefins (MTO) complex at Jingbian, China. Ineos...
- Ineos in cracker growth. Gordon, Michael // ICIS Chemical Business;6/12/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 23, p36
The article reports that Ineos has agreed pre-sanction expenditure for a major cracker expansion in Cologne, Germany as of June 12, 2006. The construction of the unit is set to begin early next year, following the project's final approval expected later this year, with startup during 2008. Once...
- Ineos faces pension dispute. Beacham, Will // European Chemical News;10/6/2003, Vol. 79 Issue 2071, p9
Reports on a labor dispute between the Amicus trade union and the Ineos Group over proposed changes to final salary pension arrangements at Ineos Chlor. Remarks from Gordon Hopwood of Amicus/Amalgamated Engineering and Electrical Union on the issue; Details of the proposed changes to salary...
- ICI Quits Chlor-Alkali, Selling Stake to Ineos. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;11/3/2004, Vol. 166 Issue 36, p13
Reports on the decision of ICI to depart from the chlor-alkali business by agreeing to sell its stake in Ineos Chlor to Ineos. Terms of a financing agreement between the companies; Background on a contract awarded to Fluor and Uhde by Ineos.
- Ineos rallies funds for unit. Gordon, Michael // European Chemical News;8/4/2003, Vol. 79 Issue 2064, p31
Reports on the funds raised by Ineos Chlor from Imperial Chemical Industries and the British government to modernize its chlor-alkali plant in Runcorn, Great Britain. Comment of Tom Crotty, chief executive officer of Ineos Chlor; Duration of the modernization; Installation of a steam boiler.
- Ineos Chlor To Receive Grant For Membrane Process Conversion. // Chemical Market Reporter;8/11/2003, Vol. 264 Issue 4, p4
Reports on the granting of government aid to Ineos Chlor for the membrane process conversion of its chlorine plant in Great Britain. Amount of the grant; Contribution of other European governments to the project; Importance of the company's facility to the chemical sector.
- NEW PROJECTS. Gordon, Michael // European Chemical News;2/14/2005, Vol. 82 Issue 2134, p28
Presents news briefs on the chemical industry as of February 14, 2005. Decision of Ineos Chlor to sign licensing agreements to upgrade chlor-alkali plants in Finland and South Africa; Plan of BCKC Formalin to increase its formaldehyde production in Kazinbarcika, Hungary.
- Ineos keeps it in-house. // European Chemical News;9/22/2003, Vol. 79 Issue 2069, p35
Reports on the plan of Ineos Chlor, a major producer of chlor-alkali in Great Britain, to use its own BiChlor bipolar membrane electrolysers for the upgrade of facilities at Runcorn, Queensland. Funding for the modernisation programme; Details of the upgrade; Experience of Ineos in bipolar cell...
- INEOS CHLOR PLANT MAKEOVER. Gordon, Michael // European Chemical News;1/12/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 2082, p30
Reports on the modernisation of Ineos Chlor's chlorine plant in Runcorn, Great Britain after receiving approval from the European Commission on an amount for European Regional Assistance (RSA) package as of January 2004. Plant capacity; Details of the upgrade which include the construction of a...