- Showdown Looms Over Energy Bill. Goode, Darren; Smallen, Jill; Mitchell, Charlie // National Journal;4/23/2005, Vol. 37 Issue 17, p1232
Reports on the approval of an energy legislation by the U.S. House on April 31, 2005. Protection from lawsuits involving gasoline additives given under the bill; Inclusion of the permission for oil drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge in Alaska in the bill.
- House OKs ANWR Drilling, Again. Goode, Darren; Smallen, Jill; Mitchell, Charlie // National Journal;5/27/2006, Vol. 38 Issue 21, p40
The article reports on the approval of a legislation that would allow oil drilling at the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge (ANWR) in Alaska by the U.S. House of Representatives on May 25, 2006. House Resources Committee Chairman Richard Pombo asserts on the lack of logical reason to oppose the...
- Arctic Saved Again. // Onearth;Fall2004, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p44
Reports that the U.S. House of Representatives have dropped a bill allowing oil and gas drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge in Alaska in June 2004. Attempt made by Republican proponents to pursue the project; Withdrawal of support on the project by the United Mine Workers; Cause of...
- Arctic Oil, Frozen Dialogue. // Christian Science Monitor;8/30/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 196, p10
Presents opinions on the 2000 United States presidential candidates views on oil drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge of Alaska.
- Should We Drill in Alaska? // Junior Scholastic;9/17/2001, Vol. 104 Issue 2, p5
Argues the viability of drilling oil and natural gas in Alaska. Percentage of the American citizens opposing to the oil drilling; Views of environmentalists on land and wildlife of the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge; Recognition on the need for additional energy sources.
- House GOP Faces Reconciliation Revolt. Cohn, Peter; Smallen, Jill; Mitchell, Charlie // National Journal;11/12/2005, Vol. 37 Issue 46, p3544
Reports on the decision of U.S. House Republican leaders to postpone a scheduled floor vote on their fiscal budget reconciliation bill on November 10, 2005. Reason behind the move; Concerns raised by the leaders over the bill; Approval of budget reconciliation bill to include a provision that...
- House Drops Ball on ANWR Oil Drilling. Gizzi, John // Human Events;11/21/2005, Vol. 61 Issue 40, p1
The article focuses on the failure of U.S. House Republicans to pass the spending-cut bill with the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge drilling provision. Some Republicans viewed the reversal of the stance of President George W. Bush on the Davis-Bacon Act as an effort to encourage moderates to...
- Oil debate in Alaska is all in a name. Rosen, Yereth // Christian Science Monitor;6/29/95, Vol. 87 Issue 150, p4
Discusses the conflict between oil development and environmental preservation due to the oil drilling project of the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge (ANWR) in Alaska. Debate on the subject; Details of the government decision to endorse oil drilling by the ANWR.
- In Alaska, Oil is Still the Issue. Campbell, Diana // Planning;Apr2003, Vol. 69 Issue 4, p20
Focuses on the raging debate over whether or not to open the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge to oil and gas exploration centers in Alaska. Impact of the drilling on the calving grounds of caribou; Proposal on the lease sale of the refuge; Development of alternative energy sources.