Petrobas in talks for Comperj deal
- Politicsand petrochemicals. B?hler-Vidal, Jorge // ICIS Chemical Business;11/12/2007, Vol. 272 Issue 18, p22
The article focuses on the efforts of various North and South American countries, to increase their influence in global petrochemical market. It discusses the opening of worldwide ventures by Brazil's Petrobras SA, Braskem SA and the company Grupo Ultra. It mentions Venezuela's plans to increase...
- SHOPAHOLICS. // Latin Trade (English);Jun2007, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p9
The article reports on the plan of consortium led by Brazilian oil firm Petrobas to acquire Grupo Ipiranga. Ipiranga owns stakes in the country's oil, gas and petrochemical sectors. The consortium also includes gas firm Grupo Ultra and petrochemical giant Braskem. The $4 billion deal will both...
- Petrobras Contemplates Petrochemicals Reentry. Sissell, Kara // Chemical Week;9/22/99, Vol. 161 Issue 35, p20
Reports that Brazilian state oil company Petrobras will propose a revamped business plan that local executives expect will include a reentry into petrochemicals. Remarks from local observers regarding the move; Executives' expectation on Petrobras' petrochemical division, Petroquisa.
- Petrobras revives plans for Rio petrochemical complex. Salles, Flavio; Wood, Andrew // Chemical Week;3/22/1995, Vol. 156 Issue 11, p24
Reports on Brazilian state-owned oil company Petrobras' revival of plans for the fourth petrochemical complex in Brazil. Scheduled completion of feasibility studies for a major project near Rio de Janeiro; Required investment for the complex; Brazilian government's planned privatization of the...
- Petrobras' hands-on aim. Jagger, Anna; Burns, Stephen; Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business;11/27/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 45, p14
The article reports that Petrobras has plans to increase its participation in the petrochemicals sector by investing in new projects, according to Jose Sergio Gabrielli, company president. Petrobras plans to invest $3.3 billion in petrochemicals between 2007 and 2011. It is developing the $8.4...
- Brazil faces risk and opportunity. BERGER, HELLEN // ICIS Chemical Business;11/1/2010, Vol. 278 Issue 15, p28
The article provides information on the petrochemical industry of Brazil. Petroleo Brasileiro SA (Petrobras) will be launching investments of dollars 224 billion from 2010-2014, mainly for unprecedented deepwater oil exploration programs. It further informs the opinion of Sao Paulo based market...
- Locals, multinationals seek power base in Brazil. Sissell, Kara // Chemical Week;11/5/1997 Supplement, Vol. 159 Issue 42, pS9
Reports on two petrochemical complexes planned for Brazil resulting to companies rushing to secure market share in the Mercosur region. Information on the contract signed by Petrobras and Odebrecht subsidiary OPP Petroquimica; Reasons why companies are opposed to the contract; Important prelude...
- Petrobras revises Comperj, reveals capacities. GREENWOOD, AL // ICIS Chemical Business;8/29/2011, Vol. 280 Issue 5, p26
The article reports on the reconfiguration of the Complexo Petroquimico do Rio de Janeiro (Comperj) project in Brazil by energy producer Petrobras, and various new plans revealed by the company for the Comperj.
- LOCAL PETCHEM FIRMS PLEA FOR NAPTHA PRICE REFORM. Sissell, Kara // Chemical Week;10/31/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 40, p22
Reports that petrochemical companies have been lobbying Petrobras for lower naphtha prices in Brazil. Influence of the naphtha prices on the profitability of petrochemical companies; Arguments posed by the petrochemical companies.