Ferro plans sale
- Ferro to Sell Plastics Business. Westervelt, Robert // Chemical Week;5/31/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 19, p15
The article reports that Ferro signed a nonbinding agreement to sell its specialty plastics business unit to an unnamed buyer as of May 2006. The sale is expected to close in third-quarter 2006, subject to negotiation of definitive agreements, due diligence, completion of information and...
- Ferro Feels Time Is Right To Jettison Specialty Plastics. G. C. // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;6/5/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 22, p5
Reports on the decision of Ferro Corp. to sell its specialty plastics unit. Advisor of Ferro for the potential sale; Impact of the decision of Ferro to sell its specialty plastics unit on the shares of the company; Annual revenue generated by the specialty plastics unit; Details of the merger...
- Ferro to Divest Powder Coatings Operations. // Industrial Paint & Powder;Oct2002, Vol. 78 Issue 10, p4
Reports on the announcement by Cleveland, Ohio-based Ferro Corp. to sell its powder coatings business unit in two separate transactions. Companies purchasing the business; Regional distribution of units to the companies purchasing the business; Industries to which Ferro supplies its powder coatings.
- Ferro Corp. Sells Powder Coatings Unit. // Industrial Paint & Powder;Dec2002, Vol. 78 Issue 12, p12
Reports on the sale of the powder coatings business of Ferro Corp. to Akzo Nobel N.V and Rohm and Haas Co. Cost of the sale; Terms of the agreement.
- Purchase is complete. Esposito, Frank // Rubber & Plastics News;7/14/2014, Vol. 43 Issue 25, p22
The article reports on the acquisition of the Specialty Plastics business of technology-based performance materials manufacturer Ferro Corp. by plastics supplier A. Schulman Inc. for $91 million in the U.S. The factories acquired by A. Schulman under the transaction are highlighted. Issues...
- Price disagreement ends plastics deal. Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business;10/23/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 40, p17
The article reports on the move of Ferro to end negotiations to sell its speciality plastics business to private equity firm Wind Point Partners after the companies failed to agree on a price. Ferro announced that it had reached an agreement to sell the speciality plastics business to Wind Point...
- Ferro agrees to sell plastics operations. Esposito, Frank // Plastics News;6/5/2006, Vol. 18 Issue 14, p1
This article reports that Ferro Corp. of Cleveland has announced on May 30 that it has signed a nonbinding letter of intent to sell its specialty plastics business to an undisclosed buyer. The unit posted sales of about $270 million in 2005. A source close to the deal said the buyer is Wind...
- Divesting for success with pre-sale due diligence. Kelly, Shaun T. // NACD Directorship;Mar2003, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p12
Discusses keys to successful corporate divestiture. Importance of conducting appropriate pre-sale due diligence; Preparation for the sale; Need to identify potential buyers.
- Managements' Views on Voluntary Sell-Offs. Baker, H. Kent; Benjamin, John D.; Kuehl, Kristin; Verdon, Amy A. // Journal of Economics & Finance;1996 Supplement, Vol. 20, p3
Examines the reasons for voluntary sell-offs undertaken by U.S. companies in the early 1990s. Removal of non-strategic assets; Raise of funds primarily for debt reduction; Focus on the firm's core business; Importance placed by financially weak firms on raising funds and improving their cash flow.