Deaths in explosion add to China's bad accident record
- Five Dead in Explosion at Lanzhou Petrochemical. Ramesh, Deepti // Chemical Week;1/18/2010, Vol. 172 Issue 2, p13
This article reports that a January 7, 2010 explosion at Lanzhou Petrochemical's tank farm led to the death of five employees and left six employees injured.
- Accident Page. // China Chemical Reporter;3/16/2007, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p16
The article reports several industrial accidents in China in 2007. The explosion of a chemical plant in Linfen, Shanxi Sheng on March 2 killed four people and injured one person. On the other hand, six people were injured by the explosion of a tower kettle heat exchanger H-125D at the Gansu...
- Powder SBR with High Styrene Content. // China Chemical Reporter;3/6/2008, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p23
The article evaluates the Powder styrene-butadiene rubber (SBR) from China National Petroleum Corp. (CNPC) Lanzhou Petrochemical Co. Ltd.
- Chemical tanks explode at design factory in Maldon. // Loss Prevention Bulletin;Apr2011, Issue 218, p3
The article reports on the explosion of two phosphorus tanks during a fire at Sil-Die factory in Maldon, England on February 8, 2011.
- Man dies and another hurt in Rotherham plant explosion. // Loss Prevention Bulletin;Apr2011, Issue 218, p3
The article reports on an explosion at a waste recycling plant in Rotherham, England on January 11, 2011 which resulted to the death of a 42-year-old man and injury of a 50-year-old man.
- Three Killed in Explosion at Turkish Oil Field. // Journal of Turkish Weekly;2/14/2011, p49
Brief information is given about a February 17, 2011 explosion at the Selmo oil field in Turkey's Batman province that killed three workers at the Turkish Petroleum Corporation's oil production facility.
- Blasts in Turkish Capital -Search & rescue teams recover 9 bodies in second blast at industrial zone. // Journal of Turkish Weekly;1/31/2011, p19
Brief information is given about the February 3, 2011 explosions in Ankara, Turkey's industrial zone and search and rescue efforts which have recovered nine bodies.
- Lanzhou to start up PP facility in 2006. // Asian Chemical News;4/21/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 398, p20
Reports the plan of Lanzhou Petrochemical to launch its polypropylene facility in Lanzhou, Gansu, China in 2006. Other polypropylene projects included in the licensing agreements signed between PetroChina and Basell; Estimated capacity produced by the site that the Lanzhou is expanding; Plans...
- Nitric Acid Unit Starts Production in Lanzhou. // China Chemical Reporter;5/16/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 14, p12
The article presents information about the start of production at a new nitric acid unit of Lanzhou Petrochemical Co. Ltd. in Gansu Sheng province of China. The new unit produced 98.16% qualified concentrated nitric acid. The production marks the completion of the unit. The completion of the...