- 5-MINUTE AMERICAS WATCH. // ICIS Chemical Business;3/5/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 56, p6
The article presents news briefs related to the chemical industry in the U.S. International Paper has completed the sale of its Arizona Chemical business to private equity firm Rhone Capital. Celanese has completed the sale of its oxo products and derivatives businesses to Advent International....
- Celanese Mulls Further Expansions Downstream. Sinclair, Neil // Chemical Market Reporter;10/7/2002, Vol. 262 Issue 12, p9
Reports on expansion of Celanese Corp.'s acetyls business. Focus of Celanese on strengthening of its regional position; Company background of Celanese; Production rates of acetic acid in Celanese.
- Celanese Faces a Difficult First Half. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;02/26/2001, Vol. 259 Issue 9, p8
Reports that the German chemical company, Celanese AG has returned to profitability in 2000 following a loss in 1999. Company's operating profit; Best performing business of Celanese; Factors that affect Celanese in the first half of 2001.
- ICI to buy Celanese unit for $25.5 MM. // Chemical Market Reporter;7/18/2005, Vol. 268 Issue 2, p11
Reports that ICI Chemicals and Polymers Ltd. has agreed to acquire Celanese AG's emulsion powders business. Value of the transaction; Benefits of ICI from the deal; Financial performance of the business unit.
- BUSINESS Global roundup. Robinson, Simon // European Chemical News;8/22/2005, Vol. 83 Issue 2160, p10
Presents news briefs on the chemical industry as of August 22, 2005. Increase in profit of Celanese of Texas in the second quarter of the year; Investigation conducted by Polish state prosecutors on the purchase of Czech Republic's Unipetrol by PKN Orlen; Decline in the average daily production...
- THE WEEK: NEWS BRIEFING. // ICIS Chemical Business;1/24/2011, Vol. 279 Issue 4, p6
The article offers news briefs related to the chemical industry. Private equity will see growth because of cheap financing and abundant equity capital. Brachem Acquisition has sold a 14% stake in Germany's Brenntag. Celanese AG has signed an agreement to build coal-to-ethanol plants at Nanjing...
- BUSINESS headlines. Robinson, Simon // European Chemical News;10/10/2005, Vol. 83 Issue 2166, p7
This article reports on the plan of Celanese AG to sell Topas cycloolefin copolymer business of German subsidiary Ticona Japan-based Daicel Chemical Industries Ltd. and Polyplastics Co. Ltd. by the end of 2005. Daicel and Polyplastics will form a joint venture in Germany, to which all Topas...
- financial In Brief. // Chemical Market Reporter;9/27/2004, Vol. 266 Issue 10, p16
Reports developments related to the financial performance of companies in the petrochemical industry as of September 2004. Increase in the discount notes of Celanese AG; Percentage increase in the secured notes of Lyondell Inc.; Stocks offered at Lubrizol Corp.
- Celanese: A Global Leading Chemical Company. Du, Jenny // China Chemical Reporter;7/11/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 19, p10
The article features Celanese AG, a global leading chemical company manufacturing in Europe, North America, and Asia. The company has a strong position in Asia, as manifested by 20 percent of its total sales coming from the said region. It is greatly interested in the Chinese market and has...