THE WORLD THIS WEEK
- Rumours of terrorist attack are slated. // European Chemical News;1/27/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2037, p9
Reports on the speculations on the explosion at the Grande Paroisse AZF fertilizer plant in Toulouse, France. Absence of evidence for the terrorist attacks accusations; Investigation of the hypothesis by the police; Commitment of the company to discovering the cause of the disaster.
- News in brief. // Nature;9/9/1999, Vol. 401 Issue 6749, p108
Reports on developments in science research around the world as of September 9, 1999. Includes the refusal of the French government to continue the ban on British beef products; Plans of Japan's Ministry of International Trade and Industry to merge research institutes; Joint venture between...
- Grande Paroisse set to abandon Toulouse site. // Process Engineering;Apr2002, Vol. 83 Issue 4, p2
Deals with the plan of Grande Paroisse to abandon the Toulouse fertilizer site which was wrecked by an explosion in September 2001. Reason for the decision to close; Plans for former employees of the plant.
- AZF Site Closing Is Permanent. // Chemical Market Reporter;4/15/2002, Vol. 261 Issue 15, p6
Reports on the decision of Grande Paroisse to close its chemical plant in Toulouse, France. Reasons for the closure; Investment program of the company; Inquiry on the explosion in the facility.
- innovation. // Chemical Week;6/21/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 21, p22
The article offers news briefs on the chemical industry. Universal Display Corp. and Mitsubishi Chemical have entered into a nonexclusive agreement to develop phosphorescent organic light-emitting diode materials that can be processed using ink-jet printing. The Bayer Foundation has awarded...
- Hard questions follow on the heels of Toulouse blast. Nathan, Stuart // Process Engineering;Oct2001, Vol. 82 Issue 10, p8
Reports on the aftermath of the massive explosion at Grande Paroisse's ammonium nitrate plant in Toulouse, France on September 21, 2001 and its implications. Possible causes of the explosion; Number of casualties; Actions taken by the Grande Paroisse board.
- Grande Paroisse Will Not Reopen Toulouse Site. // Chemical Week;4/17/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 16, p8
Focuses on the decision of Grande Paroisse of not resuming production at its Toulouse, France site following a fatal explosion in September 2001. Number of employees that will be retained in Toulouse to work on site cleanup; Number of employees that have accepted early retirement package; Cost...
- GLOBAL ROUNDUP. // Asian Chemical News;9/22/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 417, p4
Presents news briefs on the chemical industry around the world as of September 22, 2003. Agreement of Celanese to sell its acrylates business to Dow Chemical; Corporate credit ratings of HMP Equity Holdings from Standard & Poor's; Approval of acrylate joint ventures between Sasol and Mitsubishi...
- The chemical industry faces a new, and uncertain, world. Nathan, Stuart // Process Engineering;Oct2001, Vol. 82 Issue 10, p11
Presents information on the developments in the chemical industry as of October 2001. Description of Badische Anilin und Soda Fabrik (BASF) Rhineland headquarters; Explosion at the Grande Paroisse in Toulouse, France; Suggestions on the security systems of chemical companies.