New Press Approach Doesn't Shift In Wake of New Publisher
- Baker Publishing Group Sees Revenue Dip to $51 Million in 2006. // Book Publishing Report;12/11/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 48, p1
The article presents information on the firm Baker Publishing Group's sales for the year 2006. It is stated that the group had done a business of $55 million in the year of 2005. However, the revenue recorded for the year 2006 depreciated to $51 million. The year 2006 also noticed a decrease in...
- Earnings Up at Harlequin; Adds U.S. Sales Job. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;8/11/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 32, p114
Reports on the business performance of Harlequin for the second-quarter of 2003. Sales record of the company in North America; Operating profit posted by the company; Information on the international operations of the company.
- Second-Quarter Sales Up 13% at Simon & Schuster. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;7/26/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 30, p6
Reports on the sales increase posted by Simon & Schuster for the second-quarter ended June 30, 2004. Earnings of the company; Information on the books published by the company that sold well; Details on the performance of the company.
- New Press Launches Religion Line. Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;5/19/2008, Vol. 255 Issue 20, p14
The article reports on the launch of a line of books by New Press which are focused on contemporary religion through grant from the Kendeda Sustainability Fund of the Tides Foundation, an organization dedicated to social justice. The New Press has hired Rita Brock, a feminist religious scholar...
- Back in black. // Editor & Publisher;07/25/98, Vol. 131 Issue 30, p23
Reports on the reversal of Trenton, New Jersey-based Journal Register Co.'s 1997 loss with the second-quarter net income of $14.6 million. Revenue growth of the company; Chief Executive Officer Robert Jelenic's comment about the increased revenues.
- Publishers/Distributors. // Refugee Survey Quarterly;1998, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p240
The article lists the publishers and distributors of "Refugee Survey Quarterly" journal which includes Amnesty International and New Press in Great Britain and Human Rights Watch in the U.S.
- Robinson Named Publisher of New Press. Zeitchik, Steven // Publishers Weekly;11/19/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 47, p19
Reports that Colin Robinson has joined the New Press as its publisher. Implications of the addition of Robinson to the New Press; Contributions of Robinson as the former head of the United States office of Verso.
- Five Surefire Ways to Build Your Company's Value. Phillips, Reed // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;Sep2004, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p46
Offers advice on building the value of a magazine company. Anticipation of changes in the business; Importance of information accuracy in the business; Diversification of revenue streams; Optimization of profits.
- FOLIO:'S 2010: CONSUMER MAGAZINE CEO SURVEY. Kinsman, Matt // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;Oct2010, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p44
The article focuses on the survey done by the journal on the chief executive officers (CEOs) of the consumer magazines. The report discusses changes in the executives and ownership changes in the publishing industry. It also focuses on rise in the profits of consumer publishers during 2010 as...