Joblessness Hits 5-Year Low
- Pa. Job Count Up 1,900 in July. // Bond Buyer;8/23/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32202, p2
Reports that Pennsylvania's statewide job count increased in July 2005 at a level that is near the state's all-time high set in February 2001. Data from the Pennsylvania Dept. of Labor and Industry; Unemployment rate.
- 4.2%. // BRW;9/18/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 37, p11
The article reports that the Australian unemployment rate remained at 4.2 percent during August 2008. According to the author, the year-on-year rise in employment numbers was 2.2 percent against a rise in the unemployed over the same period of just 0.4 percent. The author adds that the figures...
- Employment Report Tops Indicators. Barnett, Chip // Bond Buyer;12/05/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31030, p2
Reports on the United States employment report for November 2000. Forecasted unemployment rate; Third quarter productivity and costs.
- The Myth of Full Employment. Walker, Lewis J. // On Wall Street;Jun2003, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p81
Focuses on unemployment rate in the U.S. as of June 2003. Factor which contribute to the rise of unemployment rate in the country; Relationship between wages and unemployment; Discussion on the concept of full employment.
- Fourth District Employment Conditions, August. Dunne, Tim; Fee, Kyle // Economic Trends (07482922);Nov2007, p26
The article provides information on the Fourth District employment conditions in the U.S. as of August 2007. The District's unemployment rate remained at 5.5 percent for the month, exceeding the national rate by .9 of a percentage point. Of the 169 counties in the Fourth District, 17 had an...
- Employment and Unemployment Developments, March 2005. // Employment & Earnings;Apr2005, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p1
Presents data on the levels of employment and unemployment in the U.S. as of March 2005. Increase in total nonfarm payroll employment; Decline in unemployment; Addition of jobs in several industries including construction, mining, health care, and wholesale trade.
- EMPLOYMENT, UNEMPLOYMENT, AND WAGES. // Economic Indicators;Apr2005, Vol. 110 Issue 4, p11
Presents statistical information on status of employment, unemployment and wages in the U.S. as of April 2005.
- Business Highlights. // South Dakota Business Review;Dec2004, Vol. 63 Issue 2, p2
Presents an update on the economic conditions of South Dakota and the U.S. in general as of December 2004. Increase in the number of nonfarm wage and salaried workers in the state; Unemployment rate in the country in the third quarter of 2004; Slowdown of personal income estimates in the state,...
- Business Highlights. // South Dakota Business Review;Mar2006, Vol. 64 Issue 3, p2
Compares the employment data in South Dakota and the U.S. Increase in the number of nonfarm wage and salaried workers in South Dakota between 2004 and 2005; Data on nonfarm employment between 2004 and 2005 from the Bureau of Labor Statistics; Statistics on manufacturing workers; Unemployment...