The N.Y. Commission on Public Authority Reform: An Epilogue
- ASQ NEWS. // Quality Progress;Aug2009, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p15
The article offers news briefs related to the American Society for Quality (ASQ) in the U.S. It informs on the new educational and training program launched ASQ for quality professionals. It noted the governance medal received by Ira M. Millstein from the International Academy for Quality (IAQ)....
- Investing in conservation yields major dividends. Starns, Jon // High Plains Journal;8/8/2011, Vol. 129 Issue 32, p4-B
The author discusses the dilemma of elected government officials about the efficient use of limited monetary funds of both state and local governments without compromising the public welfare.
- The Recurrent Crisis in Corporate Governance (Book). Sherman, Howard // Directors & Boards;Spring2004, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p15
Reviews the book "The Recurrent Crisis in Corporate Governance," by Paul W. MacAvoy and Ira M. Millstein.
- The central challenge of the new reforms. // Directors & Boards;Spring2004, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p16
Presents an excerpts from the book "The Recurrent Crisis in Corporate Governance," by Paul MacAvoy and Ira Millstein.
- Postings. // NACD Directorship;Sep2008, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p86
The article announces several personnel changes including Ira M. Millstein, named chairman of the board of the American Red Cross in New York, Alain Belda, elected board member of IBM, and Bob Akins, appointed to the board of directors of SEMI International.
- The Perils of Dodd-Frank. // NACD Directorship;Sep2011, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p22
An interview with law practitioner and corporate governance dean at Yale University and Columbia University, Ira M. Millstein is presented. When asked about reactions of his students to the financial crisis, he says, it changed the vision of his students. On who was responsible for the financial...
- Framework developed for shareholder-investor engagement. // Directors & Boards;2015 Annual Report, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p29
The article offers information on various reports related to business enterprises. Topics discussed include the Shareholder-Director Exchange (SDX), a framework for shareholder-investment engagement, Medal for Excellence by Columbia Law School given to Ira M. Millstein of law firm Weil, Gotshal...
- Why Big Business Behaves Well. Werner, Walter // Columbia Journal of World Business;Winter81, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p84
Reviews the book "The Limits of Corporate Power," by Ira M. Millstein and Salem M. Katsh.
- Books Received. // Corporate Board;Nov/Dec2004, Vol. 25 Issue 149, p29
This article presents a list of books, received by the publication. Some of the books include: "The Recurrent Crisis in Corporate Governance," by Paul W. MacAvoy and Ira M. Millstein. This book offers thought analyses of why boards fail to truly oversee management, and provides practical tools...