Senate Confirms Casey for Glassman's SEC Post
- Cynthia A. Glassman to Leave SEC After Her Term Expires on June 5. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;5/16/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32382, p5
The article announces the plan of Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) member Cynthia A. Glassman to leave the SEC after her terms ends on June 5, 2006. Glassman set no specific date for her departure but she will work to ensure a smooth transition to her successor. She played a key role in...
- SEC's Glassman Going, Going…. // Traders Magazine;Jun2006, Vol. 19 Issue 254, p17
The article reports on United States Securities and Exchange Commissioner Cynthia Glassman's departure from the agency. Her term as Commissioner ends on June 5, 2006. Glassman has been a critic of the Regulation National Market System (NMS) trade-through rule. Regulation NMS includes rules on...
- Glassman to Resign From Post as SEC Commissioner. // Money Management Executive;5/22/2006, Vol. 14 Issue 20, p4
The article reports on the resignation of Cynthia Glassman as commissioner with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). Glassman describes her term as SEC Commissioner most exciting and fulfilling. She also offers thanks to U.S. President George W. Bush for giving her the opportunity...
- Bush Wants Accountants on SEC. // SCOR Report;Jan2002, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p6
Reports on the appointment of Cynthia Glassman as commissioner of the United States Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Changes To Come at SEC. // NACD Directorship;Jun2006, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p8
Reports on the personnel changes at the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). Resignation of SEC Commissioner and Acting Chairman Cynthia Glassman; Appointment of Kathleen Casey, a lawyer, as successor of Glassman; Accomplishments of Glassman as SEC Commissioner; Search for a chairman...
- Glassman Chosen as Acting Commission Chairman. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;7/1/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32166, p4
Reports on the appointment of Cynthia A. Glassman as acting chairman of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission by President George W. Bush. Replacement of Glassman of the post recently vacated by William H. Donaldson; Career background of Glassman; Academic background.
- Romero Named District Administrator - SEC Fort Worth District Office. // ComplyNet;Feb2006, p14
The article reports on the appointment of Rose Romero as the District Administrator of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission's Fort Worth District Office (FWDO). She will oversee both the enforcement and examination programs within the jurisdiction of FWDO. Romero is expected to assume her...
- Carter, Harlan Named to Top SEC Posts. // Bond Buyer;1/9/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31300, p36
Reports on the appointment of directors of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Professional background of the directors.
- Touting Expertise, Pitt Says He Has No Intention of Resigning. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;7/22/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31432, p5
Reports the refusal of the Securities and Exchange Commission chairman Harvey Pitt to resign in the U.S. Expertise in the securities market; Management on the crisis of confidence in the stock market; Implementation of economic reforms.