W Va. Planning $200M Garvee Deal to Fund U.S. 35 Widening
- the buzz. Gale, Sarah Fister // PM Network;Apr2009, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p12
The article reports on the shovel-ready projects of U.S. President Barack Obama. The project is designed to ensure a quick turnaround on costly infrastructure and is expected to spend $150 billion, where majority of the fund will target highway and transportation initiatives. Heather Jones,...
- $1,100M World Bank Loan for Rail Corridor. // India -- West;5/2/2014, Vol. 39 Issue 24, pA33
The article reports on the World Bank's approval of a 1,100 million dollar loan for the construction of a double line between the Mughalsarai-Bhaupur section of the eastern dedicated freight corridor project in India.
- Make transportation plan worth the effort. // Journal of Business (10756124);4/10/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 8, pA4
Editorial. Comments on the proposed transportation funding package in Olympia, Washington. Consideration of the amount of funding; Focus on the number of people using the infrastructure; Emphasis on the inclusion of the North Spokane Corridor project.
- Rich but Wary. Schulz, John D. // Traffic World;10/18/99, Vol. 260 Issue 3, p20
Reports the increase fundings for the construction and maintenance in the transportation infrastructure. Federal money for highways; Repair for the aging infrastructure of the nation; Revitalization of the fleet operations of Consolidated Freightways. INSET: CF in $65 million fleet upgrade..
- World Bank FY13 Infrastructure Aid Dips. Ichniowski, Tom // ENR: Engineering News-Record;8/5/2013, Vol. 271 Issue 5, p1
The article reports that the World Bank Group offered less economic assistance to infrastructure construction projects in fiscal year 2013 although its financing of transportation projects increased 13 percent.
- CONNECTICUT: Bond-Backed Stimulus. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;1/26/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33048, p9
The article reports on the announcement of Governor M. Jodi Rell regarding an economic stimulus package involving the sale of $525 million of bonds for statewide infrastructure projects in Connecticut. Rell has pushed the stimulus package to promote employment and relieve localities of $310...
- Wastewater Improvements Hampered by Cuts. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;8/18/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32199, p5
Reports on a federal program which provides grants to help fund wastewater infrastructure projects in the United States. Issuance of bonds to leverage the programs; Financing of the infrastructure projects.
- Stimulus funds. // International Construction;Nov2009, Vol. 48 Issue 9, p8
The article reports on the move of the European Commission to allocate the fist 260 million euros of the 500 million euros stimulus plan to Trans-European Transport Network (TEN-T) in Europe. It states that 11 European Union (EU) member countries will benefit from the initial round of funding...
- LOUISIANA: Infrastructure Aid Tallied. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;4/17/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32836, p9
The article reports on the $6.4 billion financial aid granted to Louisiana, which was distributed by the federal government to Gulf Coast states and local governments for the repair and replacement of public infrastructure damaged by hurricanes Katrina and Rita. The public assistance program of...