Friday Slide.: Munis Make It Three in a Row
- Municipals Rise, Treasuries Firm; Suffolk County, N.Y., Sells $225M. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;12/19/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31785, p2
Reports on the increase of municipal bonds in Suffolk County, New York. Gains in government bonds; Advancement on stock market; Economic indicators.
- Wall Street's Rivals. // Orange County Business Journal;10/18/2010, Vol. 33 Issue 42, p14
The article offers information on the treasury bonds, municipal bonds, and dividend stocks for Wall Street's competitors in Orange County, California.
- Monthly Volume slips for change. RAMAGE, JAMES // Bond Buyer;10/1/2012, Vol. 381 Issue 33786, p1
The article discusses the crash in the long-term municipal bonds volume in September 2012 as it fell by nine per cent from the same period in 2011. It mentions that the number of refinancings fell to 6.87 billion U.S. dollars in 315 deals, down from 10.95 billion U.S. dollars in 431 issues in...
- Munis a Bit Weaker on Stronger Data. Scarchilli, Michael; Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;5/21/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32633, p2
The article reports on activities in the New York municipal market on May 18, 2007. The authors indicated that with stronger economic data the market came on slightly weaker by a few basis points and traders related that the market seem to be drifting again as the equities market continue to...
- The many faces of markets. Ruggiero Jr., Murray A. // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;May2001, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p56
Part I. Examines how changes in many of the most traded markets have caused the need to re-evaluate the development of trading systems. Formation of a statistical personality profile of a market; Essential element to the construction of trading systems that will persevere; Link between the...
- Munis, treasuries suffer hangover. Polyak, Ilana // Bond Buyer;11/09/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30517, p1
Highlights the performance of the municipal bond market in the United States for the week November 2 to 6, 1998. Decline of bond prices; Poor performance of government securities; Key players; New issues expected for the week starting November 9.
- Results of Negotiated Sales. // Bond Buyer;11/18/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32262, p19
Presents a chart depicting the results of negotiated municipal bond sales in the U.S.
- Market Close: Munis Firm on New Deals, Economic Data. Renick, Oliver // Bond Buyer;10/23/2013, Vol. 122 Issue 34000, p1
The article informs that municipal bonds gained as of October 2013 as traders, supported by economic data, rode out the first part of the week's wave of new issues. There was a ton of government data that came out and both equity and treasury markets continued to react to quantitative easing. It...
- Munis Firm, Treasury Run-Up Brings Benchmark 10-Year Note Through 4.0%. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;10/21/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31994, p2
Reports on the impact of the fixed municipal bonds on the benchmark note in the Treasury market in the U.S. Effects of the notes yielding in the tax-exempt sector; Performance of the government market in securities trading; Details on the movement of the market trading in the country.