Friday Slide.: Munis Make It Three in a Row
- Municipals Rise, Treasuries Firm; Suffolk County, N.Y., Sells $225M. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;12/19/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31785, p2
Reports on the increase of municipal bonds in Suffolk County, New York. Gains in government bonds; Advancement on stock market; Economic indicators.
- Wall Street's Rivals. // Orange County Business Journal;10/18/2010, Vol. 33 Issue 42, p14
The article offers information on the treasury bonds, municipal bonds, and dividend stocks for Wall Street's competitors in Orange County, California.
- Monthly Volume slips for change. RAMAGE, JAMES // Bond Buyer;10/1/2012, Vol. 381 Issue 33786, p1
The article discusses the crash in the long-term municipal bonds volume in September 2012 as it fell by nine per cent from the same period in 2011. It mentions that the number of refinancings fell to 6.87 billion U.S. dollars in 315 deals, down from 10.95 billion U.S. dollars in 431 issues in...
- Munis a Bit Weaker on Stronger Data. Scarchilli, Michael; Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;5/21/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32633, p2
The article reports on activities in the New York municipal market on May 18, 2007. The authors indicated that with stronger economic data the market came on slightly weaker by a few basis points and traders related that the market seem to be drifting again as the equities market continue to...
- The many faces of markets. Ruggiero Jr., Murray A. // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;May2001, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p56
Part I. Examines how changes in many of the most traded markets have caused the need to re-evaluate the development of trading systems. Formation of a statistical personality profile of a market; Essential element to the construction of trading systems that will persevere; Link between the...
- Munis Unchanged Ahead of Veterans Day Close. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;11/11/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33001, p2
The article offers information on the status of municipal bonds, also known as munis, during the Veterans Day closing in the U.S. According to the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board, these bonds remain unchanged because they showed little movement on November 10, 2008. Bonds from an...
- Market snapshot: Tuesday, September 22. // Bond Buyer;09/23/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30484, p2
Provides information on stock market activities in the United States in September 22, 1998. Municipal bonds; Government securities; Municipal futures.
- Munis, treasuries suffer hangover. Polyak, Ilana // Bond Buyer;11/09/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30517, p1
Highlights the performance of the municipal bond market in the United States for the week November 2 to 6, 1998. Decline of bond prices; Poor performance of government securities; Key players; New issues expected for the week starting November 9.
- Munis, treasuries hurt by stocks. Polyak, Ilana // Bond Buyer;11/24/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30527, p1
Reports on the effects of the stock market on municipal bonds and Treasuries in the United States on November 24, 1998. Dow Jones industrial average; Decline of municipal futures; Benefit from cheaper prices in tax-exempts.