Goldman Hires Attorney Who Led. United Airlines' Chapter 11 Case
- Sprayregen's exit rattles Kirkland. Westacott, Gemma // Lawyer;6/19/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 24, p12
The article reports on the resignation of James Sprayregen from the office of Kirkland & Ellis LLP. Sprayregen, who leads counsel in United Airlines mammoth Chapter 11 restructuring and has been with Kirkland for 16 years, will leave the firm in July 2006 to take up a non-legal position at...
- Credit control. Jordan, Dearbail // Lawyer;7/14/2003, Vol. 17 Issue 28, p13
Interviews Kirkland & Ellis' James Sprayregen on issues pertaining to bankruptcy. Fearsome reputation some bankruptcy lawyers have; Tactical use of emotion; Sprayregen's specialization in the airline sector; Salaries of bankruptcy lawyers.
- White and McKeeve quit Linklaters private equity for Kirkland & Ellis. Griffiths, Catrin // Lawyer;3/27/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p1
The article reports on the resignation of Graham White from his position as global head of the private equity division of the law firm, LinkLaters in Great Britain, along with partner, Raymond McKeeve, to join the London, England office of Chicago, Illinois-based law firm, Kirkland & Ellis. The...
- Why Kirkland's PE swoop is the start of an aggressive new era. Byrne, Matt // Lawyer;6/14/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 24, p9
The article reports on the appointments of partners of corporate partners Gavin Gordon and David Arnold for Kirkland & Ellis LLP to protect its existing clients in the U.S.
- Kirkland hikes NQ salary to Â£97k. // Lawyer;1/9/2012, p9
The article focuses on the U.S. law firm Kirkland & Ellis which has raised salaries for newly qualified attorneys by eight percent in 2012 compared to 2011.
- Kirkland gets green light for Hong Kong opening. Arora, Vanessa // Lawyer;1/8/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p12
The article announces that Kirkland & Ellis has launched its first Asia persence by opening an office in Hong Kong, China after receiving final regulatory approval. Kirkland private equity partner David Eich relocated from London, England to Hong Kong to head the new office. Eich will be...
- Linklaters' UK competition head Riedel joins Kirkland & Ellis. Byrne, Matt // Lawyer (Online Edition);5/1/2015, p6
The article announces that Paula Riedel, the head of law firm Linklaters' competition practice in Great Britain, has been hired by law firm Kirkland & Ellis.
- Restructuring Heavyweight Sprayregen Leaving Goldman. T. G. // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;12/8/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 47, p4
The article announces that James Sprayregen is leaving Goldman Sachs. Sprayregen, who had been the co-head of U.S. restructuring at Goldman, will return to his former employer, Kirkland & Ellis, on December 12, 2008. Before joining Goldman, Sprayregen has worked on many high-profile...
- Kirkland's Law. Hamerman, Joshua // Investment Dealers' Digest;5/22/2009, Vol. 75 Issue 20, p20
The article discusses the developments at Kirkland & Ellis LLP, which is celebrating its centennial in 2009, as David Fox and Daniel Wolf are hired by the company and have been working in its New York office. The sale of Wm. Wrigley Jr. Co. to Mars Inc. is tackled. The views of several people...