Buffalo's Blight Fight
- N.Y. Bond Bank Sells $15M in Tax-Lien Debt for Four Cities. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/6/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31734, p34
Reports that the New York State Municipal Bond Bank Agency is privately selling in tax-liens bonds for Binghamton, Bufallo, Plattsburgh and Syracuse. Proceeds of the deal; Process of acquiring the deal; Initiation of doing multi-jurisdictional tax-lien deals.
- Buffalo comptroller tapped for state bond agency. // Westchester County Business Journal;3/10/2008, Vol. 47 Issue 10, p13
The article announces that Andrew SanFilippo was appointed as director of the Municipal Bond Bank Agency (MBBA) in New York.
- US investigating Google over Search. // Flare (Pakistan);8/15/2011, p67
The article reports on the probe launched by legislators to investigate the profitable and lucrative advertising and search business of Google Inc. in Washington.
- N.Y.Agency Sets $51M in Pooled Stimulus Bond Deals for 5 Counties. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;11/11/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33415, p3
The article reports on the plan of the New York Municipal Bond Bank Agency to market 50.7 million dollar of bonds on behalf of the five counties in New York.
- JUSTICE RECOMMENDS SIP INVESTIGATE PDP SENATOR JORGE APONTE. // Caribbean Business;12/27/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 52, p59
Reports the recommendation from Justice Secretary Anabelle Rodriguez for a Senate investigation against Senator Maribel Rodriguez and budget director Jorge Apontes in the United States. Designation of Special Independent Prosecutors; Allegations of travel fund misuse; Position of Puerto Rican...
- Probing the Probers . Winter, Bill // American Bar Association Journal;Nov82, Vol. 68 Issue 11, p1347
Focuses on the inquiry launched by the United States Congress on the investigation undertaken by the Justice Department on congressmen involved in illegal activities. Background on the government investigation; Aim of establishing the proper balance between effective law enforcement and...
- Beware of the feds: They see most all employees as hourly. McGreevy, Susan Linden // Contractor Magazine;Sep93, Vol. 40 Issue 9, p33
Discusses the Labor Department's investigation of employers' compliance with the Fair Labor Standards Act and related laws through its Wage and Hour Division. Possible impetus for investigation; Range; Employee complaints against their employers; Categories of exempt employees; Advice on...
- The bones of the behemoth. J. S. // Columbia Journalism Review;Sep/Oct1978, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p28
This article focuses on the decision of the U.S. House Committee on Standards of Official Conduct to formally charge four incumbent and two former members of the U.S. congress with taking cash from South Korean businessman Tongsun Park and exonerated nine others on July 13, 1978. Among those...
- Rep. Issa hit with ethics allegations. Bolton, Alexunder // Hill;9/13/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 123, p1
The article reports on an ethics complaint filed by the liberal advocacy group, American Family Voices, against California Republican Representative Darrell Issa because of its allegation that the lawmaker takes advantage of his public office for personal gain in 2011.