Rethinking Traditional Approaches
- Court system to implement jury panel recommendations. // Buffalo Law Journal;6/21/2004, Vol. 76 Issue 50, p1
Reports on a jury reform program launched by judge Judith Kaye in New York on June 17, 2004. Percentage of New Yorkers called for jury service who were never selected to serve on trial; Achievements of the court; List of changes to be implemented aimed at effectively utilizing juror time.
- SPECIAL KAYE. Toobin, Jeffrey // New Yorker;12/15/2008, Vol. 84 Issue 41, p34
The article reports on jury duty obligations and New York State Supreme Court judge Judith S. Kaye. Kaye's judicial career has included the removal of exemptions from jury service for people such as doctors, lawyers, and judges. The article also explores her decisions on same-sex marriage and...
- PORTRAIT OF A JUDGE: JUDITH S. KAYE, DICHOTOMIES, AND STATE CONSTITUTIONAL LAW. Herman, Susan N. // Albany Law Review;2011/2012, Vol. 75 Issue 4, p1977
In this article, the author presents her views on the administrative personality of Judge Judith S. Kaye citing reference to a video featuring Judith Kaye speaking to the jurors. The video treated the opinions of the jurors about their jury service instead of just assuming the jury service as a...
- Hon. Judge Judith Kaye to speak at SUNY Ulster on Constitution Day. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;9/14/2009, Vol. 19 Issue 36, p15
The article provides information about Honorable Judith S. Kaye, former chief judge in New York State. Kaye, who was born in the Hudson Valley will deliver a Constitution Day lecture at State University in New York (SUNY) Ulster on September 17, 2009 speaking on The New York State Constitution:...
- INTRODUCTION TO THE HONORABLE HUGH R. JONES SIXTH MEMORIAL LECTURE. Kaye, Judith S. // Albany Law Review;2008, Vol. 71 Issue 2, p453
The article presents the text of a speech by Judith S. Kaye, Chief Judge of the Court of Appeals of the State of New York, delivered during the Sixth Annual Honorable Hugh R. Jones Lecture at the Dean Alexander Moot Courtroom in Albany Law School, in New York, October 17, 2007, in which she...
- Fair & Impartial? Kaye, Judith S. // State News (Council of State Governments);Oct2009, Vol. 52 Issue 9, p20
The article presents an excerpt from the speech of Judith S. Kaye, retired chief judge of the New York Court of Appeals, that was delivered at the American Bar Association convention in Chicago, Illinois on August 1, 2009.
- Judith Kaye. Averbuch, Gloria; Smith, Walter // Runner's World;Aug97, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p46
Features Judith Kaye, a 58 year-old runner from New York City. Her profession and position in the Court of Appeals; Achievements; How she became a runner; Running regimen.
- Kaye forms task force on divorce process in New York. // Buffalo Law Journal;6/3/2004, Vol. 76 Issue 45, p1
Reports the creation of the Matrimonial Commission by Honorable Judith Kaye, New York's chief judge. Purpose of the commission; Issues that will be considered by the group; Members of the commission.
- ALBANY LAW REVIEW SYMPOSIUM: REFINEMENT OR REINVENTION, THE STATE OF REFORM IN NEW YORK: THE COURTS. Kaye, Judith S. // Albany Law Review;2006, Vol. 69 Issue 3, p831
The article presents a speech by New York Chief Judge Judith S. Kaye delivered at the "Albany Law Review" symposium titled Refinement of Reinvention, The State of Reform in New York, February 10, 2006. She discusses her role as the chief judge of the state of New York, factors to consider in...