- LEGAL CHECKLIST. // People Management;5/18/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p21
The article presents a compilation of legal cases in Great Britain. In Cornwall County Council v. Prater, the Court of Appeal decided each individual contract was one of employment because there was a mutual obligation to do the work and to pay for it. In Brocklebank v. Silveira, it was decided...
- Customary adoption in India: refusal of entry clearance to allow child to join adoptive parents in UK; breach of Article 8 rights. Cullen, Deborah // Adoption & Fostering;Spring2005, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p90
Focuses on a court case filed by Singh against the New Delhi Entry Clearance Office for their refusal to allow the child join adoptive parents in Great Britain. Details of the case; Basis of the refusal of the entry clearance office; Decision of the Court of Appeal on the case.
- Enduring Powers of Attorney Act 1985. // Accountancy;Jan1988, Vol. 101 Issue 1133, p40
This article examines two court cases which challenged the Powers of Attorney Act in Great Britain. The Powers of Attorney Act provides that an enduring power of attorney, once executed, is not revoked by subsequent mental incapacity. Two important recent cases decided that an enduring power of...
- Land grabbing. Hoskins, Michael W. // Indiana Lawyer;5/13/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p7
The article reports on the disagreement of attorneys on the ruling in Wymberley Sanitary Works v. Earl L. Batliner Jr., a decision in preference of a public utility doing business as Aqua Indiana in Indiana. Some attorneys identifies the decision as a case of first impression that effectively...
- In the matter of Newlands (Seaford) Educational Trust; Chittenden and others v Pepper and others. O'Grady, Eileen // Estates Gazette;7/8/2006, Issue 627, p234
The article offers information on a court case concerning a landlord's application for insolvency filed in Great Britain. The issues raised in the case regarding lease rates are discussed. The decision of the Appeals Court in the case is explained. Information on company voluntary arrangement is...
- You be the Judge. Palmer, Florence K. // Saturday Evening Post;Apr1974, Vol. 246 Issue 3, p136
Describes a legal case about the right of privacy of a twelve-year old mother. Details of the case; Recognition of the right of privacy in inherently public matters; Judgment issued on the case.
- YOU BE THE JUDGE. Palmer, Florence K. // Saturday Evening Post;Aug/Sep1974, Vol. 246 Issue 6, p96
Presents information on a fictitious libel case filed by a schoolteacher against a loan company in Iowa. Arguments presented by the teacher in the lawsuit; Statement issued by the lawyer of the company regarding the case; Possible decision of a court on the case.
- Judgment call - 26 November 2012. // Lawyer (Online Edition);11/26/2012, p31
The article focuses on the court cases in which the insolvency rule arising from the operation of common law and the Foreign Judgments (Reciprocal Enforcement) Act 1933 was applied. In Jones v (1) Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change, various approaches to determining causation based...
- Recent Decisions. J. H. B.; L. G. R.; F. J. K., Jr.; J. W. P.; J. W. S.; I. H. P. // California Law Review;Jan1939, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p208
Presents an update on several court decisions as of the year 1939. Highlights of the case Collins versus Yosemite Park and Curry Co., concerning the jurisdiction over Yosemite National Park; Information on the case Jolley versus Clemens regarding the defense of inevitable accident; Discussion...