- Ready, Set, Select. Schulaka, Carly // Journal of Financial Planning;Apr2009 Independent Broker-Dealer, p3
In this article the author discusses aspects of the business model based on the activities of an independent broker-dealer. This option is under consideration in opposition to the use of a discount retail brokerage house with branch offices or a registered investment adviser. A number of topics...
- Your Silver Bullet. SULIVAN, JOHN // Investment Advisor;Oct2011, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p16
The article focuses on the move of investment advisors to be more technology savvy to meet the demands of their customers in the U.S. It mentions that the utilization of technology promotes reduction of overhead and administration, real-time updates, and client communication. Also, it mentions...
- Building an Effective Financial Wellness Program. McGuinness, Kevin // Plan Sponsor News;3/1/2014, p25
The article focuses on the elements necessary in the establishment of an effective financial wellness program for certain company. Financial planner Linda Robertson considers understanding of the financial wellness program's psychology as one element for positive financial habits. Among the...
- Advisers Gain Clients and Assets Using Social Media. Couch, Noel // Plan Advisor News;2014, p17
The article discusses the highlights of the "2014 Social Advisor Study" by Putnam Investments. Topics covered include the use of social media by financial advisers in the U.S. to gain new clients, the various online networks used by the advisers for business purposes, and the evolution of social...
- Warning: Few planners are really `fee only.' Halverson, Guy // Christian Science Monitor;1/14/97, Vol. 89 Issue 34, p9
States that two thirds of financial planners or offices in the United States, claimed to offer fee-only services. Different services performed by financial consultants; Results of a survey by the Consumer Federation of America and the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors; How...
- Record number of CFP licensees announced. // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;Mar1994, Vol. 94 Issue 11, p74
Reports that there are 27,817 certified financial planners in the United States as of December 31, 1993 compared with 25,538 in 1992.
- Survey profiles financial planners, their clients. Friedman, Amy S. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;8/7/95, Vol. 99 Issue 32, p6
Presents the results of the 1995 CFP Survey of Trends in Financial Planning, conducted by the National Endowment For financial Education on expectations of financial planning professional of continued growth of their practice. Aging cohort of babyboomers as the strongest driver of practice...
- As the experts put it: There you go again, dimwit. Graulich, David // Business Press;8/4/95, Vol. 8 Issue 14, p27
Comments of financial experts who dispense non-stop advice about money. Personal financial advice as a hot growth industry in the United States; Fixation of the experts on retirement issues; Rise of financial experts having coincided with the decline of the fitness gurus.
- Ambitions & aspirations in 1998. Longo, Tracey // Financial Planning;Jan1998, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p116
Features the leading financial planners' business strategies for maintaining quality service for their clients in 1998. Respective profiles and goals.