Refinancing home mortgages
- LENDER RESPONSE. // Mortgage Strategy;1/16/2006, p53
The article offers advice on a couple's problem concerning mortgage payments for home improvements. It is suggested that the couple should consider remortgaging, which would mean moving their mortgage to a competitor. An unsecured loan may be viable. One of the major benefits of secured loans...
- Renovation Lenders See HIL Opportunity in Refis. // National Mortgage News;10/21/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p58
Reports that the renovation lenders are seeing home improvement loans opportunity in refinancing. HomeStyle Rennovation loan program of Federal National Mortgage Association; Domination of Federal Housing Administration (FHA) 203(k) program; Production made by FHA in the year 2002; Role of FHA...
- The right--and wrong--way to refinance. Quinn, Jane Bryant // Good Housekeeping;May2002, Vol. 234 Issue 5, p44
Discusses the right and wrong way to refinance mortgage loans. Definition of cash-out refinancing; Right time to refinance; Ways to save in refinancing.
- Higher-Priced Home Lending and the 2005 HMDA Data. Avery, Robert B.; Brevoort, Kenneth P.; Canner, Glenn B. // Federal Reserve Bulletin;9/8/2006, pA123
The article reports on higher-priced home lending and updates on the Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HDMA) in the U.S. in 2005. It has been noted that the HDMA data for the year focused on loan pricing and on the substantial increase in the reported incidence of higher-priced lending. The...
- Your Financial Reality Checkup. Revell, Janice; Burke, Doris // Fortune;6/16/2003, Vol. 147 Issue 12, p90
Offers advice on personal finance. Challenges to financial planning for retirement, including skyrocketing health costs; Returns on retirement savings; Ways to pay for college costs; Emergency savings; Advantages to replacing a 30-year mortgage with one that has a shorter term.
- Financing Your Home Remodeling Project. // Corridor Business Journal;5/27/2013, Vol. 9 Issue 43, p3
The article states that the most important considerations for your home remodeling project is financing and presents several options that can provide money for home improvement including a home improvement loan, a home equity line of credit and a cash-out refinancing of current mortgage.
- How to control the costs of refinancing your home. Kinney, Derrick // Fort Worth Business Press;1/17/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p40
Offers cost-control tips on home refinancing. Costs that are unavoidable; Information on the good-faith estimate; Comparison between the settlement statement and the good-faith estimate.
- Refi Boom May Continue to Year-End. Mulo, Paul // National Mortgage News;06/18/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 38
Reports on the rise in mortgage loan refinancing in the first quarter of the year 2001 in the United States. Origination record set by California lender Countrywide Home Loans; Increase in the number of loan applications in the country; Impact of the economic trends on commercial real estate...
- Rock-Bottom Rates. // Mortgage Banking;Jul2012, Vol. 72 Issue 10, p4
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including the redesigned Home Affordable Refinance Program (HARP) in the U.S. and the search for jumbo mortgage financing to help high-end homeowners buy left-coast retreats.