Implementing a portfolio sufficiency monitoring program
- Spending Binge. McReynolds, Rebecca // Financial Planning;May2004, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p103
Argues that irresponsible spending would lead to the failure of the financial planning strategies of investors in the U.S. Reasons for the increased spending of individuals; Analysis of the spending behavior of women; Cash flow analysis of a client's spending.
- BOND FUNDS VERSUS EQUITY FUNDS: A STUDY OF PERFORMANCE. Altfest, Lewis J. // Journal of Financial Planning;Jul1990, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p128
This study provides the first comprehensive analysis of the performance of bond funds. It finds that there is no consistency in the relative rankings of individual bond fund results over time, and that their risk-adjusted performance is modestly negative relative to the overall market. It...
- A New Take on Prudence: The Role of Trustees in Life Insurance in a Changing Environment. Severs, Matthew L.; Harriman, Philip E. // Journal of Practical Estate Planning;Apr2009, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p41
The article discusses the impact of economic crises in the role of trustees under the Uniform Prudent Investor Act (UPIA) in the U.S. It mentions the five guiding principles of the UPIA, which are designed for trustees towards prudent trust asset management. Further, it stresses the significance...
- A modern take on an old portfolio theory. Bland, Leeanne // Money Management;5/12/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 16, p26
The article presents information about the modern portfolio theory (MPT) and its comparison with the old portfolio theory. In the U.S. "Journal of Financial Planning," journalist Bill Jahnke puts forward a summation of post modern portfolio theory. Economic consultant and author Peter Bernstein...
- Industry new products. // Financial Planning;Feb2005, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p51
Features several products in the U.S. financial planning industry. Benefits of the Managed Account Affiliates program from Schwab Institutional for financial advisers; Purpose of the Accumulator Life program from AXA Equitable Life Insurance; Portfolio managers of the Rock Oak Core Growth Fund...
- Investment Commentary. Preston, James E. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;01/10/2000, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p25
Presents personal financial planning tips in the United States for each season of 2000. Includes identification of investment goal in spring; Estate planning and portfolio review in the summer; Calculation of one's net worth in winter.
- Keep financial plans dynamic. Kinney, Derrick // Fort Worth Business Press;03/03/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 45, p21
Discusses steps in developing a comprehensive financial plan. Importance of implementing a personal financial plan; Adjustment of financial plans to accommodate changes in life; Working with a financial advisor in updating a plan; Rebalancing of a portfolio; Ensuring that assets in a portfolio...
- Avoid these mistakes in financial planning. Bedel, Elaine // Indianapolis Business Journal;5/14/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p27
Offers tips in avoiding mistakes in financial planning. Realization of oneself as the focus of financial planning; Establishment of measurable financial goals; Comprehension of the effects of financial decisions; Reevaluation of financial situation periodically.
- Sometimes the best decision is none at all. Israelov, Rhoda // Indianapolis Business Journal;5/14/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p51
Offers advice concerning financial planning. Maintenance of long-term investment strategy; Importance of checking eligibility for a Roth conversion before rolling over an individual retirement account; Drawback of rollover accounts.