Anybody got the time?
- Changes found in attitudes, shopping behavior of U.S.'s two-income couples. // Marketing News;10/28/1983, Vol. 17 Issue 22, p12
The article focuses on the study "Supermarket Shopping Strategies of Working Couples," regarding shopping behavior of two-income couples in the United States. The study was conducted by the Allen Levis Organization for Conde Nast Publications Ltd. According to the study, only 2% of the...
- The Facts. // Precision Marketing;6/1/2007, Vol. 19 Issue 15, p13
The article presents the daily life activities of Asset-Rich Achievers in Great Britain. The daughter has just phoned her mother that she will be late home for supper because of her roadworks. Her mother had a busy day at the hospital, particularly on the helper's desk. Meanwhile, her father is...
- Affluent market growing but elusive. // Marketing News;1/4/1985, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p54
The article deals with a research published by Find/SVP which found out that affluent consumers in the U.S. will continue to grow but will also become elusive as a market. The report forecasts that number of households with family incomes of $40,000 plus will increase 86 percent in 1990. The...
- The Young and the loaded. Warner, Melanie // Fortune;9/27/1999, Vol. 140 Issue 6, p78
Offers profiles of rich Americans under the age of 40 who have become wealthy due to Internet companies. The assertion that it is no longer necessary to have advanced degrees, rich parents, talent or other seeming requirements to become rich; Henry Nicholas III; Eric Brewer; Jeffrey Arnold.
- Dissing The Deserving. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;4/28/2014, pA20
The article offers the author's view on investors in the U.S. who save their earnings. The author states that they invest in enterprises that are doing well by providing goods and services. The author notes that investors who put time and effort to discern what's working best in the economy have...
- Indices move up as economy rebounds slightly. // Spectrem Affluent Index Series;Apr2009, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p1
The article presents a graph depicting Spectrem Millionaire Investor Index (SMII) and Spectrem Affluent Investor Index (SAII) from March 2008 to March 2009 in the U.S. and shows that SMII and SAII saw a rise of eight points.
- THE WIFE'S WAGE AND THE DIVISION OF WORK AT HOME. Claycombe, Richard J. // American Economist;Fall87, Vol. 31 Issue 2
Focuses on a model dealing with testable relationships between a wife's wage and her husband's performance of work at home. Increase in number of women seeking careers outside the home; Modification of Reuben Gronau's work on family allocation of time; Utilization of a tobit model; Allocation...
- Time stress and its causes. // Monthly Labor Review;Oct2004, Vol. 127 Issue 10, p48
This article references a study by Daniel S. Hamermesh and Jungin Lee in the Working Paper Series of the National Bureau of Economic Research. The authors proposed an economic function depicting households maximizing their utility in the face of some time constraint. Results showed that the...
- Future Foundation report on...The Wealth Siren. // Marketing Week (Online Edition);5/21/2013, p25
The article discusses a Future Foundation report about consumer culture and the wealthy population.