More motley madness
- When fools are bored, wise men should worry. Keating, Peter // Money;Apr98, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p31
Discusses the performance of Motley Fool's stock portfolio as of March 1998. Four of the nine stocks that have declined, including Atlas Air, Green Tree and Oxford Health Plans.
- Message boards buzz as traders opine on little-noticed stocks. Goldstein, Matthew // Crain's New York Business;08/16/99, Vol. 15 Issue 33, p26
Focuses on the emergence of Internet message boards that track particular stocks in the United States. Indispensable resource for day traders and casual investors; Concerns raised about the issue of credibility.
- 2001: Fool's Errands. Marino-Nachison, Dave // Newsweek;2/12/2001, Vol. 137 Issue 7, p65
Offers advice about investing from David and Tom Gardner, founders of Motley Fool, with a website at Fool.com. Criticism of stock analysts; Recommendation not to buy stocks on margin; Advice about investing in Microsoft Corp.; Recommendation not to buy stocks based on the chief executive...
- Angie' List IPO called 'toxic'. // Indianapolis Business Journal;4/23/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p6
The article reports on the move of investor site Motley Fool Inc. to place Angie's List Inc. on its toxic list of initial public stock offerings in the U.S.
- How to Think About Risk: Retirement Scan. // Financial-planning.com;12/2/2014, p3
This section offers retirement risk news briefs. A study published in "The Wall Street Journal" shows that less risky and more equity allocations are more beneficial for retirees. A study published on Motley Fool shows that increased access to information about retirement does not necessarily...
- Netflix Gains on Buy Rumor. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;7/20/2009, Vol. 31 Issue 29, p8
The article reports on the increase in shares of online DVD rental pioneer Netflix on July 13, 2009 after a rumor that it could be acquired by a major media player, possibly Amazon. According to Bhatia, a potential suitor would have to pay a significant premium on the service's share price. The...
- SAN storm. Gittlen, Sandra // Network World;09/28/98, Vol. 15 Issue 39, p67
Presents information on storage-area networks (SAN) which has been incorporated into the corporate network of The Motley Fool company, an online financial advisor by Dwight Gibbs, chief technical fool at the company. Features of SAN; What the initial version of SAN included; Comments made by...
- `Fools' and their money. McKinnon, Malia // Self;Sep96, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p138
Offers tips on personal money management and investment from David and Tom Gardner, founder of investment consulting firm Motley Fools. Reason for choosing the Motley Fools name; Investment tips for students or entry-level employees, accountants, retail sales managers, and management...
- Montley Fooling around with electronic commerce. Gittlen, Sandra // Network World;09/14/98, Vol. 15 Issue 37, p37
Presents information on The Motley Fool, an online financial advisory firm. Information on FoolMart, an online store; Comments made by Dwight Gibb of the company; Types of services the company provides. INSET: Briefs.