Happy birthday, College for Financial Planning
- LOOKING BACK: The First College of Financial Planning. Black, Pamela // Financial Planning;Jun2005, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p48
Reports on the establishment of the College of Financial Planning (CFP) in Denver, Colorado. Statement from Lew Kearns, first chairman of the board of CFP, on the college.
- FINANCIAL PLANNING EDUCATION 101: 10 STANDOUT SCHOOLS. Reed, Danielle // Financial Planning;Nov2011, Vol. 41 Issue 11, p60
The article presents the financial planning education 101 at top 10 institutions in the U.S. It details the school profiles, administration, and educational programs at institutions such as the College of Financial Planning in Colorado, Boston University in Massachusetts, and Kansas State...
- Founders of the Profession Look Back on the Roots of Financial Planning. Ritchlin, Lance // Journal of Financial Planning;Oct2009, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p32
The article contemplates the memories of founders of the financial planning profession as it celebrates its 40th anniversary in the U.S. It is stated that Lewis G. Kearns and James R. Johnston, two founders of the profession, took the chance to reflect on the profession's humble beginnings. It...
- School for financial planning sees an influx of students from banks. DuBay, Keith // American Banker;11/18/1993, Vol. 158 Issue 221, p15
Reports on the surge in application from banker at the College of Financial Planning in Denver, Colorado. Degree and certificate programs offered; Benefits to the banks from the education and training provided by the school; Push into investment products by national banks.
- NAIFA and CFFP Create New LUTCF Program. // Advisor Today;May/Jun2014, Vol. 109 Issue 3, p45
A description of the Life Underwriter Training Council Fellow (LUTCF) program being offered at the U.S. College for Financial Planning (CFFP) is presented.
- Melissa Myers accredited as domestic partnership adviser. // Echo Magazine;1/30/2014, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p14
The article reports that financial planner Melissa Myers has been certified as an accredited domestic partnership advisor by the College of Financial Planning and states that there are nine advisers in Arizona other than Myers.
- Going for a retirement planning counsel or designation. // Practical Accountant;May98, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p10
Announces the development of the Chartered Retirement Planning Counselor Program by the College of Financial Planning. Services offered by this program; Factors which motivated the formation of the program; Benefits available to persons who successfully complete the program; Contact information.
- Plugging a Hole in the Advisor's Advanced Planning Curriculum. HERSCH, WARREN S. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;7/25/2011, Vol. 115 Issue 14, p24
In this article the author discusses different aspects of financial planning in the U.S.. He discusses the 2005-2007 U.S. census and says that insurance and financial planning is important. He also explores that lack of financial expertise is the major challenge faced by financial planning. He...
- MARKETPLACE. // On Wall Street;Oct2003, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p36
Presents updates on the investments industry in the U.S. as of October 2003. Masters degree programs being offered by the College of Financial Planning in Denver, Colorado; Examination preparation course for the National Association of Securities Dealers Series 7 license being offered by...