- Equity Funds Reap Benefits of War Victory. Burke, Kevin // Money Management Executive;5/26/2003, Vol. 11 Issue 21, p1
Reports on the increase in equity mutual fund inflows in the U.S. in April 2003. Factors that contributed to the increase; Amount of money added by investors to equity funds; Net inflows of U.S. diversified equity funds.
- How many funds should you own? // Consumer Reports Money Adviser;Mar2008, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p8
The article offers a look at how many mutual funds that an investor in the U.S. may need for a diversified portfolio. It states that as an investor adds stocks to his portfolio, each addition brings less overall diversity to his investment portfolio. It analyzes nine sets of funds and compares...
- Capitalism for the Multitude. Samuelson, Robert J. // Newsweek;11/15/1999, Vol. 134 Issue 20, p51
Considers the potential implications of the growing number of Americans who invest in either stocks or mutual funds. Figures in 1999 compared to those in 1983 indicating possibly the highest levels ever; Pros and cons of such high levels; The reminder that capitalism is not without risk.
- Still the star of the game? Halverson, Guy // Christian Science Monitor;5/17/99, Vol. 91 Issue 119, p11
Reports that American investors are moving away from mutual funds and toward individual stock. Reasons, including profit; Dominance of mutual funds in the United States; Example of George Gregg and his wife Gini; Problems he is facing with his main fund company; Gains in his funds; Plans to...
- The Dunces Can Teach Us a Lesson. Colvin, Geoffrey // Fortune;3/17/2003, Vol. 147 Issue 5, p46
Discusses the United States market and individual investors. Investors who pulled money out of mutual funds in January of 2003; Investors who tend to buy high and sell low; War which has slowed buying of stocks.
- STAT. // Journal of Financial Planning;Jan2000, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p26
This article presents statistical data related to the financial planning sector in the United States. According to the data, there is 447% increase in the number of taxpayers who paid the alternative minimum tax in 1997 as compared with those who paid it in 1990. 80% of current retiree...
- Affluent Investor Confidence At A Four Month High. // Spectrem High Net Worth Advisor Insights;Dec2011, Vol. 7 Issue 12, p5
The article discusses the Spectrem Millionaire Investor Confidence Index (SMICI) in the U.S. which has jumped to 7 points, its biggest gains since last February 2011. It notes that the increased in investments in stocks and stock mutual funds, especially in millionaire households, has...
- X+Treme Investing. Birger, Jon // Money;Aug2003, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p90
When it comes to investing, a disciplined, diversified strategy remains the surest way to build wealth. Here, caution is a virtue. But that does not mean a person cannot take a small portion of their stake and take some big risks. The majority of investors may not beat the market, but...
- Investment Preferences Investing is Up, But More Affluent Investors Hold on to Cash. // Spectrem High Net Worth Advisor Insights;Dec2011, Vol. 7 Issue 12, p6
The article focuses on the investment preferences of investors in the U.S. It notes that fewer affluent investors have invested in cash while more chose to invest in stocks for the third straight month. It adds that affluent investors were the most active investors despite that most of them...