Using big Macs to judge mcparity of mccurrency
- The costs and benefits of achieving price stability. // NBER Reporter;Spring97, p29
Reports on a conference held by the National Bureau of Economic Research from February 20 to 21, 1997 in New York City which focused on the costs and benefits of achieving price stability. Papers discussed at the event.
- Behavioral Finance. // NBER Reporter;Summer99, p34
Presents information on the topics discussed during the United States National Bureau of Economic Research's Group on Behavioral Finance on April 10, 1999. Proposal of a framework for pricing assets incorporating ideas in psychology; Presentation of the evidence of changes in attitude among...
- Queria Big Mac, por favor. // Oregon Business Magazine;Apr2000, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p9
Reports on the cost of burgers in different cities. Prices of burgers according to the Fast Food Index.
- The retreat of inflation and the making of monetary policy: where do we stand? // Money Affairs;Jan-Jun1999, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p37
The article considers how monetary policy can be made in times in which inflation is retreating, and focuses on issues relating to monetary rather than financial stability. The article then considers how inflation was kept at bay, and whether this condition of low inflation is a stable economic...
- Price index research in the coming decades. // Monthly Labor Review;Sep2000, Vol. 123 Issue 9, p31
Presents a summary of the research agendas proposed by price index specialists presented during the United States National Bureau of Economic Research 1999 Summer Institute. Boundaries of a cost-of-living index; Discussion on several statistical and sector-specific issues; Challenge of survey...
- Economic Fluctuations and Growth. // NBER Reporter;Fall2003, p32
Presents the issues discussed at the U.S. National Bureau of Economic Research's Program for Economic Fluctuations and Growth held in Cambridge, Massachusetts on July 19, 2003. Introduction of a tractable structural model of subjective beliefs; Examination on the asset pricing implications of a...
- Street Talk. Hiestand, Jesse // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;11/27/2001, Vol. 371 Issue 2, p88
Focuses on the condition of the advertising market in the U.S. Performance of major stock indexes; Declaration of the U.S. National Bureau of Economic Research that the economy has been in recession; Stabilization of advertising rates.
- Macroeconomics and Individual Decisionmaking. // NBER Reporter;Winter2002/2003, p44
Looks at papers to be discussed at the U.S. National Bureau of Economic Research's Working Group on Macroeconomics and Individual Decisionmaking meeting. Summary of survey results on pricing in manufacturing, service, wholesale and retail companies; Implication of worker overconfidence on the...
- Market Design Working Group. // NBER Reporter;2011, Issue 4, p29
The article lists various papers discussed during the National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER) Working Group on Market Design meeting held in Cambridge, Massachusetts from October 28-29, 2011 including one on the U.S. Military Academy, one on multilateral matching, and one on price discovery.