Restoring earning's' link paves way for NPSS
- PM raids �128m from infrastructure scheme. Carpenter, Jamie // Regeneration & Renewal;7/27/2009, p5
The article reports on the 130 million pounds infrastructure fund to be diverted as help pay for the Prime Minister's Decent Homes programme. According to the Department for Communities and Local Government (DCLG), the growth fund allocation would be reduced to 3.2 million pounds from 5.6...
- Overpaid prime minister. // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;12/12/94, Vol. 21 Issue 52, p21
Offers a list of prime ministers' salaries around the world. Prime Minister Jean Chretien's salary; Britain's prime minister; German chancellor; U.S. President Bill Clinton; Who has the largest salary.
- The pot thickens. Duncan, Emma // Money Marketing;8/7/2008, p35
The article presents the author's views and suggestion on the retirement savings and final-salary pension scheme. The author suggests that in assessing the final-salary pension scheme is to value the current pension benefits in terms of allowance. She assumes that if the salary is no longer...
- NHS delays pose threat of pension 'calamity'. Selby, Tom // Money Marketing (Online Edition);1/13/2012, p9
The article presents information on members of NHS pension scheme who face delays in getting statements of benefits for claiming fixed protection. As shown in March 2011, it was better for public sector workers to leave the final-salary pension arrangements due to the pension tax regime reforms...
- Pension protection for £1.5m cap staff. // Employee Benefits;Jan2005, p14
The article focuses on pension protection of high earning employees. It reports that employers should help high earners decide how to protect their pension. Those likely to have pensions savings near to or over the £1.5m lifetime allowance limit on A-Day will be affected. If no action is taken,...
- Saved From Going Naked and Hungry. Kariks, Edgars // Transitions Online;1/20/2003, pN.PAG
Reports on the resolution adopted by the government of Latvia on January 7, 2003 to triple all ministers' monthly salaries. Expected public reaction to the resolution; Statement given by Prime Minister Einars Repse, explaining the move; Benefits of the resolution.
- Relief all round as pensions escape unscathed. Tolley, Steve // Money Marketing;3/22/2012 Budget Supplement, p6
The article reports on the decision of British Chancellor George Osborne to implement no changes to tax relief which bodes well for pensions.
- Medium-Term Fiscal Doubts In Turkey. // Middle East & Africa Financial Alert;1/12/2004, Vol. 3 Issue 16, p3
Just days after the Turkish government agreed a 34% rise in the minimum wage, which Economy Minister Ali Babacan estimated could cost the state coffers up to TRL1.0qdn this year, Turkish Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan has announced a 21% hike in state pensions across 2004. While the public...
- Chile's Next Generation Pension Reform. Kritzer, Barbara E. // Social Security Bulletin;2008, Vol. 68 Issue 2, p69
The article focuses on the individual retirement account system of Chile and the major changes made to it prior to 2007. The nation has implemented its mandatory individual retirement account system in 1981, allowing workers to choose between the public pay-as-you-go pension system (PAYG) and...