- DIRECTORY OF EXTENDED SERVICE CONTRACT PROVIDERS. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;7/7/2011, p21
A directory of extended service contract providers in the U.S. is presented.
- Contract News: BRIEFS. // Horticulture Week;1/22/2010, p12
The article offers news briefs related to service contracts in Great Britain.
- France, U.K. Sign Joint A400M Maintenance Contract. Svitak, Amy // Aerospace Daily & Defense Report;12/9/2014, Vol. 250 Issue 45, p3
The article reports on the contract signed between France and Great Britain for joint maintenance and in-service support of the Airbus A400M military transport aircraft.
- AHRI and HRAI Sign MOU for Cooperation. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;9/27/2010, Vol. 241 Issue 4, p6
The article reports on the move of the Air-Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI) and the Heating, Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning Institute of Canada (HRAI) to sign a memorandum of understanding (MOU) to provide services to their respective members.
- Bill would require notice for renewals. Kitchenman, Andrew // njbiz;5/16/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 20, p3
The article reports that the New Jersey Assembly accepted a law known as A-3770 on May 9, 2011, which will oblige businesses to inform customers on automatic renewal of service contracts.
- Outsourcing fills the gap. Berne, Steve // Prepared Foods;Mid-Apr97, Vol. 166 Issue 5, p35
Lists various suppliers offering product development outsourcing assistance to the food service market. Equipment suppliers; Ingredient suppliers; Laboratories; Research/Consultancies.
- Contract management. // Food Management;Oct97, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p84
Discusses the evolution of contract foodservice industry in the United States. Pioneers in the contract foodservice; Introduction of vending services and products; Formation of the Automatic Retailers of America (ARA); Emergence of national contractors; Mergers and acquisition among the...
- Does it do what it says on the tin? Taafe, Ouida // Telecommunications - International Edition;Aug2003, Vol. 37 Issue 8, p12
Focuses on the issues surrounding the service level agreements between customers and telecommunication service providers. Continuation of service during times of disruption; Coverage of business losses by refunds or penalties; Methods in executing service level agreements. INSET: Money is not...
- Think big--or small, in contract biz both work. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;06/16/97, Vol. 31 Issue 24, p56
Focuses on the trends in the foodservice contracting industry in the United States. Gaining strong entry into a particular geographic market sector through acquisition; Fear of mid-size and small firms of loss of personal service when dealing with large contractors; Noncommercial market...